1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Made you Think Today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by CaseytheMuppet, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's probably why I've had headaches all week. Thinking is painful for me.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Sarge Nye the Science Guy is not feeling well...
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Sarge Nye the Science Guy...

*deep voice*

Saaaaaarrrggeeee Nyyyeeee the Sciencccce Guuuuyyy....

SARGE! SARGE! SARGE!

Sarge Nye the Science Guy!

Wait, when did this turn into the make a Sarge Song thread? Oh, wait, that was me.
  4. Pinkflower7783

My head still hurts. :p
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about facts and opinions today as part of my reflecting and creating philosophy thing that I am trying and writing about it in my brand new journal...so that was my thinking for the day.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I've been thinking about how my life basically hasn't turned anything like I planned. -_-
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's like I have had to learn to never trust my instincts, because it seems like no matter what instinct, foresight, premonition, prediction, gut-feeling I may have, the results ALWAYS turn out to be the exact opposite.
  8. Pinkflower7783

I know right? I basically had the whole white picket fence planned but pshh as I've found out life had different plans for me. Not that they've been necessecarily bad but sometimes it gets me down to play the "what if" scenario. *shrugs*
  9. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

What made me think? Well, "think" is a strong word for me today. I'm trying to think about what to say at my interview. But, one side of my brain is feeling humiliated, panicky and having a complete break down while the other side is smacking panicky in the face and shouting, "Pull yourself together, goshdarnit! We have bigger things to worry about!"

And now, you have witnessed my inner psyche.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Aww you'll be okay!!! Hang in there!!!
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Thinking it would be amusing and possibly a little introspective/useful to do a Tarot spread tonight; I haven't in a while. I have a Halloween deck but was too braindead to bother with it last night.

Thinking I have tomorrow OFF for the first time in a few weeks. Woohoo! Stay up all night, make chai scones and gingerbread tea, write like heck and sleep in!
    -------------
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  12. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

After almost a year of being unable to download updates, and my being unable to convince it to start updating by going into the control panel and changing the settings, my computer has regained the ability to update itself. Bwuh? To make it weirder, for a while my computer was not wanting to boot into Windows properly after I updated the MS security software. (YES, the official software, not no stoopid malware.) I scanned it in Safe Mode and found no uglies, and now it's working again for some reason, and it has started downloading all those missed updates. As I'm on dialup, that's gonna take a looooong time.

Still, what kept it from updating itself for so long, and what fixed it?
  13. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

The alignment of celestial objects that only happen once a century.
  14. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Thinking: My own fallibility has spun me into a dizzying whirlwind of self-doubt. I seem to follow the same pattern of crushes EVERY SINGLE TIME despite the fact that it has, each one of those times, led to nothing good. I'm talking about actual feelings based on personal interactions, not "oh-I-like-this-actor" stuff.

Ack. I will not succumb to this again. I am rational d--it! I am rational! Aaaaaa!

--------------
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My philosophy homework. This isn't philosophy...this is weird math -_-
  16. Pinkflower7783

I'm sure you can handle it.
  17. CaseytheMuppet

I'm reading a book about a guy in the future living under a corrupt government, who has way too much power. He doesn't even think anything is wrong with the government, and thinks his life is great. Stories like these always make me wonder if that's true with our lives.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm still don't think I can think, I don't think...
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

1984?

Actually...wait...no...the guy hated his life :/
  20. CaseytheMuppet

No, it's called Clockwork Angels. It's a Rush book. XD (Of course :p) It came out last year. I've read portions of 1984, I gotta finish that sometime.

It's interesting because he just thinks it's normal life.