When you need to rant...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No more then people who do that with Disney movies...although some of them have been proved right but still people have way TOO MUCH time on their hands.

Hubert

Reaction score
My gosh...I'm all for dissecting movies for messages, but not like that... :grr:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really don't want to get political, but I've had it with the Super Pac attack ads who claim that the president is the reason why our economy sucks and we have no jobs (a word that since lost all meaning, mind you). Why? Because, THEY are the reason the economy sucks and we have no jobs, and they just want more fat tax cuts and corporate welfare so they can do anything with that money but create jobs.

And you know what's most frustrating? With all the money they spend on Super Pacs, lobbyists, and all that other stuff to get more money and no regulations (which, in the long run, regulations save their butts from costly recalls and expensive disasters), they could very well fix the economy THEMSELVES! How come we have to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps, but these companies that do well even in economic crisis, need even MORE money to not do what they're not doing in the first place? They're just not going to be happy until they have no taxes, get "pleasure of having you around" bonuses, and we have to fight and pay for whatever war they'll profit from. And the fact we have to deficit spend under ANY political leadership is devaluing our currency. So in a sense, they're causing themselves to lose money do to gluttonous short term thinking.

GAH! Are these companies run by people who are too stupid to live or what?
Has anyone seen this latest political ad on TV: the mother sitting at her kitchen table, basically all, "Mr. President, why haven't you helped me and my family? You told us to spend, so we did, and what has that done for us? And YOUR spending, how has THAT helped us? If I vote for you, that's another four years of the same thing, so THIS election, I HAVE to vote for what I know is right, and I hope OTHERS will too."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, the Republicans don't want to take responsibility for their actions, so instead of owning up to the fact that Bush create the economic downturn, they blame Obama for creating it.

And if not Obama, then they throw the blame all the way back to Clinton when he was the one who kept the nation's budget in check.

Hubert

Reaction score
I must have jinxed myself when I said that the campaigns haven't been as bad this year...my phone rings every other second with some "unknown name" calling, which turns out to be another political ad. In fact, I just got another call a few seconds ago.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'm glad I don't live in Taipei, or my phone will probably keep ringing...

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Ok, people around here really need to check thread dates. I saw like 3 threads that were bumped today from like 2002. It's annoying. :mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That seems to have been a really major problem with MC this year, with people (particularly newer members who don't know better) bumping threads that haven't had any new responses since 2002-2006 or so, and don't even add anything relevant or insightful to the conversation.