When you need to rant...

Hubert

Reaction score
So the other day I get a recorded phone message by a little girl telling us to vote for her dad for a local position...now we're getting little kids involved?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll be happy when both sides are done!!! I hate politics anyways so I'm obviously not the best person who be talking about it with it's not that I don't care about what happens to this country but I am sick of the bashing that comes with it.
The problem is, no matter who wins, there's still going to be clustercrap.

Obama wins, the right's going to be up in arms, they're going to spread more vicious hateful rumors and the politicians will continue to politically sabotage whatever he's trying to do, and they'll start to campaign for 2016 the second they announce he won. Then it's 4 more years of partisan gridlock with the side that did most of the damage playing victim for wanting more of what caused the damage in the first place (and getting it).

Romney wins (minus his Emperor's New Plans), the right will be insufferably smug, the media will be on his side, and anyone to the left of the far right (again, including Moderate Republicans) will be silenced, bullied, marginalized while the politicians and their backers do whatever the heck they want, screw everything up, and after 2 terms, they'll get another patsy like Obama to take the blame so they can manipulate the system to win the next election to start the cycle over again.

You think it's maddening being on the outside... when you look at it from the inside, it's like... uh... you ever watch a Seinfeld episode where George does something stupid, and you've seen the episode a billion times, and every single time you SHOUT at the top of your lungs at the TV, "NOOOO! Don't do it, stupid!" when he does it? Well, there's a bigger chance of George will hear you from inside the TV and not eat the eclaire out of the garbage than anyone hearing you warning them about politics.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So the other day I get a recorded phone message by a little girl telling us to vote for her dad for a local position...now we're getting little kids involved?
Wow I haven't had that happen. I've just been getting stuff in the mail every dang day. I have gotten a few phone calls but I never pick them up. :stick_out_tongue: They don't call my husband that much cause I guess he's affliated with a party. I'm an Independant voter so I got both sides trying to sway me whatever way they can.

Hubert

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of election campaigns, here is what I'd like to ask: how do they make personalized phone calls? For example, the other day my mom was telling me that she got a personalized phone call from Mitt Romney, him physically saying her first name. Do these politicians actually read through a list of names to be used or something for recording, or is there some special technology they use to simulate the name saying?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The problem is, no matter who wins, there's still going to be clustercrap.

Obama wins, the right's going to be up in arms, they're going to spread more vicious hateful rumors and the politicians will continue to politically sabotage whatever he's trying to do, and they'll start to campaign for 2016 the second they announce he won. Then it's 4 more years of partisan gridlock with the side that did most of the damage playing victim for wanting more of what caused the damage in the first place (and getting it).

Romney wins (minus his Emperor's New Plans), the right will be insufferably smug, the media will be on his side, and anyone to the left of the far right (again, including Moderate Republicans) will be silenced, bullied, marginalized while the politicians and their backers do whatever the heck they want, screw everything up, and after 2 terms, they'll get another patsy like Obama to take the blame so they can manipulate the system to win the next election to start the cycle over again.

You think it's maddening being on the outside... when you look at it from the inside, it's like... uh... you ever watch a Seinfeld episode where George does something stupid, and you've seen the episode a billion times, and every single time you SHOUT at the top of your lungs at the TV, "NOOOO! Don't do it, stupid!" when he does it? Well, there's a bigger chance of George will hear you from inside the TV and not eat the eclaire out of the garbage than anyone hearing you warning them about politics.
Hopefully what I'm about to say doesn't get me banned but I just know sometimes it feels like you think people are totally in the wrong or below you if they don't have the same views you do. Maybe I am misunderstanding you but sometimes to me that's how you come off. And you have said some things to me in the past that have been hurtful and make me feel like I'm below you or something. I know this doesn't really have anything to do with what you wrote but...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there's a bigger chance of George will hear you from inside the TV and not eat the eclaire out of the garbage than anyone hearing you warning them about politics.
I don't know why, but that made me laugh. So hard.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I actually never really got into the show myself. It's not that I've never watched it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully what I'm about to say doesn't get me banned but I just know sometimes it feels like you think people are totally in the wrong or below you if they don't have the same views you do. Maybe I am misunderstanding you but sometimes to me that's how you come off. And you have said some things to me in the past that have been hurtful and make me feel like I'm below you or something. I know this doesn't really have anything to do with what you wrote but...
I do not mean to be offensive at all, nor have I taken any. This election is giving me ulcers because I'm completely afraid of that the other party has become. Not to mention Romney was the part time governor of my state and he totally ruined it. My father could have lost his job with all the reckless spending cuts. We lost fire houses and police stations making us less safe. Not to mention the fact that my town, to make up for the budget that guy squandered, has a garbage tax, making me buy expensive AND very flimsy garbage bags that I have to squeeze a week's worth of garbage into. Yeah, I lost the luxury of using multiple black bags. I'm just speaking in a perspective, and that's why I'm a little angry passionate about this.

But, frankly, not taking sides and not seeing the evil disgusting underbelly... that's advantage YOU! I actually do commend you for wisely staying out of it. It's... it's icky in here. Frustrating and icky. I wish I had the luxury of unseeing things I can't unsee. I dearly wish my innocence back.