Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score

He was much more like his 2k3 interpretation, but he disappeared in the series quite quickly.

beaker

Reaction score
Pure rubbish. I could barely make it through a whole episode.

So pretty much, they decided to make a super ADHD TMNT show for the hyper active post-post Teletubbie viewing generation with seriously dated cel shading looking bland cgi? Yeah...as I said, they should have let the turtles die gracefully and be done with it

This was an unsold CGI pilot of a TMNT cartoon show from 2001. It's funny how the animation was better for cgi 11 years ago

Hayley B

Reaction score
I just bought the last season of the 1987 series. I watched a few of them last night. I forgot they changed the theme song a bit towards the end. That was back when TMNT were old to me and if I had it on, I didn't really pay any minds. I liked the earlier 1987 TMNT theme song, then.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Has anyone here seen the very last episode of the 1987 series? I watched the very first episodes like last week. One of the things they wanted to do was make Splinter human again. I'm sure that never happened in the end of that series?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Has anyone here seen the very last episode of the 1987 series? I watched the very first episodes like last week. One of the things they wanted to do was make Splinter human again. I'm sure that never happened in the end of that series?
I don't know if that happened, but I do know that there was an episode in that series where the turtles make Splinter human again but he returns to being a rat for one reason or another.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Whatever they did wore off at an inopportune moment, leaving the rapidly reverting Splinter to find a sewer to crawl into. Of course, it's all for the best, since the Turtles really needed him.

And then of course he reverts back to a human in the terrible first NES game.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I don't know if that happened, but I do know that there was an episode in that series where the turtles make Splinter human again but he returns to being a rat for one reason or another.
I keep thinking, I saw this episode. But yet, my mind is in a fog. Since it's been so long.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Is anybody still watching this new series? I know the mid season is over just for now. I'm just wondering if anyone is still hanging in there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When does the show come back? After It Came from the Depths, there's been no new episodes.

Other than that, the show has solidly gotten better with each passing episode. And oddly enough, this has the darkest incarnation of Leatherhead yet.

Hayley B

Reaction score
When does the show come back? After It Came from the Depths, there's been no new episodes.

Other than that, the show has solidly gotten better with each passing episode. And oddly enough, this has the darkest incarnation of Leatherhead yet.
Not sure when they'll show new episodes right now. I imagine around late February or March. I'm surprised I'm still into it . Despite the poor animation compared to past series . I'm still watching this one.

Though that Leatherhead is really awesome looking.