Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have liked to see Rizzo and Robin too, plus others. I have to say that, although I like Pepe, I was glad to see that he wasn't in the last movie very much. He wasn't on the original Muppet Show, after all.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yep well that was why he only made brief cameo. I am just pumped because like most people said that means MORE MUPPET APPEARANCES!!!

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
My husband loves the Muppets although his fandom doesn't quite reach the level that mine does.
same with my dad he likes the muppets as he grew up with them but his fandom doesn't reach my level:smile:
Anyways...back on topic...I wonder what new Muppets are gonna be in this one? I hope we see Rizzo more and Robin.
yeah i do too i really hoped to see robin in the last film as it was focusing on the muppet show days i thought they would have included him

Hubert

Reaction score
I would like to see Robin in this film especially. I also would love some Rizzo, but unless they can't find anything to do with him other than pair him with Pepe (which is about it in recent years), then I'd take no Rizzo over a Rizzo/Pepe pairing.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That and it's not like Steve is gonna be busy with Kermit or anything. :embarrassed:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
One of my problems is that they push only Kermit and Piggy to the front way too much. For a lot of people, those are the only characters they recognized.
"The green guy right?" You don't know how many people said that to me, along with "The lady Pig". I wish they'd have some other characters go out regularly too.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
One of my problems is that they push only Kermit and Piggy to the front way too much. For a lot of people, those are the only characters they recognized.
"The green guy right?" You don't know how many people said that to me, along with "The lady Pig". I wish they'd have some other characters go out regularly too.
Well no offense but they are the main characters that's kind of a given that Kermit and Piggy would be at the front and I don't just say that cause I'm a fan it's the truth. However I don't think that should mean they take away from other characters either. But the truth of the matter is most and I'm not saying ALL but the Kermit and Piggy relationship is what drives a lot of the Muppet franchise. Again not saying it's the most important and only thing to the Muppets but it's definitely one of the big reasons.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well no offense but they are the main characters that's kind of a given that Kermit and Piggy would be at the front and I don't just say that cause I'm a fan it's the truth. However I don't think that should mean they take away from other characters either. But the truth of the matter is most and I'm not saying ALL but the Kermit and Piggy relationship is what drives a lot of the Muppet franchise. Again not saying it's the most important and only thing to the Muppets but it's definitely one of the big reasons.
I think the pushing Piggy and Kermit relantionship to the front is pushing all the other characters back.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think the pushing Piggy and Kermit relantionship to the front is pushing all the other characters back.
Basically its like Friends, "Ross and Rachel, right?" The will-they/won't-they romance seems to be the one plot that people latch onto to the detriment sometimes of other plots. Has anyone else noticed Gonzo's development from artist to leader? Probably not, they were more concerned with whether Kermit and Piggy were getting it on.

That said, you'll note that Miss Piggy has had a very SMALL role in almost all the movies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I still stand by my statement whether you dislike their relationship or not you can't deny it is one of the driving forces of the Muppets. And they are the main characters it's a given.