When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't sweat it Vincent: when I was in Grade 8, I was one of our school's DJs, but since our school was right smack dab in the middle of the ghetto, all those kids ever wanted to listen to was hip-hop and hardcore rap and all that stuff, so they dreaded whenever my period was coming, because they knew I'd be playing stuff like oldies, 80s, techno, "yesterday" pop songs (think like Smash Mouth). Who cared about them though? I was got jiggy with it!

Misskermie

Reaction score
I hate when people watch things to hate it.

For instance, I was on youtube. The video I was watchng, clearly id, "the muppets bohemian rhaspody, and there was a comment saying, " god I hate the muppets." Then why did they click on it? Gosh!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because people have nothing better to do than to start arguments on youtube :stick_out_tongue:

I never understood that logic either. For a while people were turning everything into a Justin beiber argument. Also MLP fans are bad about starting arguments...too many of them are rude snots that have to turn everything into a "defend the fandom" argument >_>

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I hate when people watch things to hate it.

For instance, I was on youtube. The video I was watchng, clearly id, "the muppets bohemian rhaspody, and there was a comment saying, " god I hate the muppets." Then why did they click on it? Gosh!
I never understood that logic either. For a while people were turning everything into a Justin beiber argument. Also MLP fans are bad about starting arguments...too many of them are rude snots that have to turn everything into a "defend the fandom" argument >_>
Idiots.

All I have to say
My God...all I have to say is, Yes, Yes, and YES! Do you know how hard it is for me to watch a video on Youtube - whether Muppets, old school Sesame Street, old cartoons...anything that I like - without avoiding these morons? I swear that every time I read most Youtube comments, I lose about 20-30% of my brain (have you seen these idiots' spelling and grammar? Unbelievable! Most likely these are teens; adults would never write something that stupid and moronic, right?)

How I wish Youtube had a button I can click on to hide comments so I'll be able to watch my videos in peace. :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My God...all I have to say is, Yes, Yes, and YES! Do you know how hard it is for me to watch a video on Youtube - whether Muppets, old school Sesame Street, old cartoons...anything that I like - without avoiding these morons? I swear that every time I read most Youtube comments, I lose about 20-30% of my brain (have you seen these idiots' spelling and grammar? Unbelievable! Most likely these are teens; adults would never write something that stupid and moronic, right?)
GAW... and I hate when people put such hateful comments that don't need them. I was watching 2 seconds of a Battle of the Planets before reading some far right idiot's comments about "Ah, those were the days before gay marriage" or something to that extent. And NEVER EVER watch an old cartoon that's centered around racist caricatures. The comments on that are the evilest thing I've ever heard. All from "I'm not a racist" racists saying "there's nothing wrong, you PC age libs are retarded" who WANT blackface and chingchong teeth back in cartoon shows. And not in the Family Guy ironic way.

I mean, I dislike the constant "They don't make cartoons like that anymore" crap. They don't because they're not trying to get your approval. They could care less if you watch what's on now, since your not the demographic. It's one thing if it's a quality cartoon, but I've seen people defend right out garbage.

Also MLP fans are bad about starting arguments...too many of them are rude snots that have to turn everything into a "defend the fandom" argument >_>
As someone that reluctantly likes that show, I read stuff on TVtropes about the fan base that gets me into a "DO NOT WANT!!" state of mind. There's the group that watched the show at the beginning and completely believe that the "Bronies" were the reason the show's writing progressed as per a show's natural evolution... the Die Hard rabid Bronies, which half of them are only fans ironically... But then again, a LOT of fanbases are complete crap, and it makes those of us who genuinely like things in general afraid to get too close and too attached to something so they don't get lumped in with the bad ones.

Luckily with the Muppet fanbase (and this is the reason I'm only on this site), they aren't crazy idiots that turn everything into sex and they aren't insanely polarized. I mean old school vs. current Sesame Street is as intense as it gets around here. And even current SS fans know the old ones have a point now and then.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK..you want a rant...you got it!!!
You compliment someone on something they've done....and you don't even get a THANK YOU!!!!!!:mad:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
You know, lately I've been scrolling around Youtube and finding videos that are entitled with something along the lines of "Sad Love Story" or "Sad Love Story That Will Make You Cry" or "Saddest Love Story Ever."

Now, I may be a sucker for a good romance story (And "Titanic" is one of my favorite (if not, my all time favorite) romance movies), but some of the stories are ridiculous and stupid (and sometimes, there are multiple videos of the same story...:grr:)

Some examples of these stories are: Boy and Girl crash on a motorcycle and the boy dies; Boy breaks up with girl because he's going to a private school and then the plane crashes and then the girl kills herself and then, in reality, the boy never went on the plane; Girl breaks up with guy because she has cancer is going to die in two days (just realizing it) and then boy joins her in heaven...or something; Girl kills herself because a guy the girl has a crush on says she's ugly.

Another pet peeve I have with these stories is how they type it. About....25-50% of the stories I've read use the lazy, text message way to type their stories (Gurl: I luv u sooo much. Lol.; Guy: Txt me, L8tr, ok?) Honestly. I'm thinking to myself "You're gonna write what we're supposed to think is a heart-wrenching story and you ruin because you're too lazy to type a full word? Really?" :mad:

Lastly, I really hate how some of the stories end with either one (because they feel heartbroken and un-needed) or both lovers killing themselves, thinking they're going to heaven together. I'm sorry, but that only works in "Romeo and Juliet" or anything along the lines of that. In fact, it's so ridiculous that in one of the stories I've read, the mother walks in the two lovers dead and she's just like "Goodnight my little angels. You're in a better place now." or something like that. Death is sad, yes. Suicide is bad and sad, yes. In my opinion, love and suicide just don't go together, unless in a really sticky situation.

-Phew- I've been trying to get this out of my system since forever.....And this is only my opinion, so yeah....