Funniest SST Moments

tutter_fan

Reaction score
dwmckim, the "2, 3, 4 art gallery" sketch is one I never saw when I was little, but I found it on youtube, and let me tell you "I've entitled zis painting 'Chicken Zoup'" was the MOST HILARIOUS part of the sketch followed by the ending music. "Chicken Zoup" as a painting? Who would've come up with such a weird title like that for a painting?! Seriously!

cjd874

Reaction score
I LOVE the sketch where Ernie is Robin Hood looking for Merry Men. Instead, he finds a sad man (magenta muppet played by frank oz), an angry man (green muppet played by jerry nelson), and an EXTREMELY happy man...Harvey Kneeslapper!!!
Harvey's jokes at the end had me in stitches.

Here are some of my other funny faves:
  • The Singing & Dancing Waiter skit. Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole---(CRASH!!)
  • Sesame News Flash: Rapunzel, Old Mother Hubbard, Pied Piper (Frank's performance is stellar!), Humpty Dumpty, 3 little pigs (1971 version), Jack Be Nimble & Hickory Dickory Dock (Kermit's line at the end is priceless).
  • Don Music: Mary had a Bicycle
  • Cookie & Herry share a bicycle
  • Ernie & Bert: Fish in the Cowboy Hat
  • Ernie writes a list with pudding
  • Cookie Monster on Beat the Time
  • Oscar's blizzard trick from ep. 592 (it actually ends up snowing to his disbelief)
  • the street scene from ep. 666 where Oscar shows some, none and all...and the entire cast ends up laughing hysterically!
  • Oscar's cooking show (another chicken soup punchline like the Salvador Dada art museum skit, which I also LOVE)
  • Kermit's lecture on Short and Tall (the snerfs who keep changing their size)
  • Kermit's lecture on short and long ladders
  • What's My Part: Nose (it doesn't work as an audio-only recording on the Letters & Numbers album ...it's most effective as a televised skit)
  • Grover and the empty telephone booth...Jim & Jerry steal the show as the monsters: "YEA! I'm JP Mondiporg!" "No, Harry Mondiporg here! "HIYA MOM! HOW ARE YA!"
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Gone With the Wind always makes me laugh: "And so ends all time (CRASH) classic (BOOOM) film (SHATTER) Gone (THUMP) with the Wind..."
  • Fat Cat Sat Hat
  • The Three Witches cooperate
  • Little Miss Muffett (the spider has the wrong costumes)
  • Monster's 3 Wishes (when Cookie eats the truck...oh my goodness...laughs galore)

cjd874

Reaction score
  • "BUT CANARIES AREN'T BLUE!!!" "Eeergh!"
    Even if that sketch was this line only, I'd still bust up in tears at it :smile:
HAHAH! Yeah, that was the best Don Music skit of all time...and I loved it when the Monotones sang backup. The pose at the end kills me too... :big_grin:
Actually, there wasn't a single second of that skit when I wasn't laughing.
(and if you watch closely during the actual "Mary Had a Bicycle" piece, Don is playing the piano with the pencil in his hand before it falls out...I love looking for Muppet goof-ups on screen)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Kermit's sketch on hands:
When the hand was fighting w/Kermit he said "Stop fighting Hand, or I'll bite you! biting the hand" THAT cracked me up!:smile: (actually the whole sketch did!:big_grin:)
Here it is:

[link deleted for space]
And a hand can YANK, as poor Kermit discovered the hard way at the end!

cjd874

Reaction score
Oh I just remembered another one- Kermit explains the word "round" with a small pink ball: "And a ball can sing Tip-toe... through the tulips! Tip-toe... through the tulips!"
Yep, the whole sketch is pretty darn funny.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
There are so many to choose from... One that I've always liked is the game show spoofing to To Tell the Truth, where a baby is asked to identify his real grandmother. He has to choose between an old woman, a dog in a grey wig and a bearded man in a suit and tie (also wearing a grey wig). It's hilarious the way the man says in a serious (and somewhat pompous) voice that he's the baby's grandmother.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
One that I had only discovered since I got Old School vol. 2, is the Grover's number 2 lecture sketches. My favorite part is where Kermit comes running up to Grover: "Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, Grover babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" *slap on the back*

I also like the one where Grover is a weather salesman. Something about how Kermit says, "Grover, I want you outta here and stop wreckin' ma place!" cracks me up.

cjd874

Reaction score
One that I had only discovered since I got Old School vol. 2, is the Grover's number 2 lecture sketches. My favorite part is where Kermit comes running up to Grover: "Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, Grover babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" *slap on the back*

I also like the one where Grover is a weather salesman. Something about how Kermit says, "Grover, I want you outta here and stop wreckin' ma place!" cracks me up.
Ah, Kermit finally turns the tables on Grover in the 2 lecture.

Don't forget the other Grover the salesman skit with the earmuffs:
"Can I have some nosemuffs? How about some shoulder muffs? Or tummy muffs? Listen, Grover: Frogs DON'T have ears!....we hear anyway." LOL

iluvfragglerock

Reaction score
The skit with Bert and Ernie fishing. when Ernie says "heeerrreeee FISHY FISHY FISHY" cracks me up !