When you need to rant...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know up until a year ago I never even knew they did a TV series. I had heard certain things on it but had no clue they actually went through with it. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously... Qubo must really really love Willa's Wildlife and Zula Patrol. Everytime I turn the channel on, there's a good chance I'll see one of the 2 or 3 airings of each per day.

*&^%$! Said the Jacob Two-Two fan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously... Qubo must really really love Willa's Wildlife and Zula Patrol. Everytime I turn the channel on, there's a good chance I'll see one of the 2 or 3 airings of each per day.

*&^%$! Said the Jacob Two-Two fan.
TBS is always bragging about how many times a week they play Big Bang Theory. :rolleyes:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
They're pretty much bragging about their lack of programming options, but it seems to be working for them. Of course, in two years they'll be doing the same thing with Modern Family reruns or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
TBS is always bragging about how many times a week they play Big Bang Theory. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but Big Bang Theory is a popular show. It's not that I hate either Zula Patrol or Willa (though, they aren't things I would regularly watch and Zula gets VERY annoying very quickly)... but DIVERSIFY! They have Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego (the DIC cartoon series, not the game show) on the weekends, but only one showing and I still don't know when it is. They also have Adventures of Alfred Hedgehog several times during the weekend, but that's a FAR more watchable and likable show than Zula or Willa.

And of course, they have my nemesis... childrens' freaking nature shows. The bad, cheap ones. Seriously... the Kratts are the ONLY ones that know a children's nature show can be done right.

But as I said... qubo airs Zula Patrol on the weekends the SAME time my PBS Kid's station does. They both run an hour marathon both days, and one episode runs against itself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Forgive me if I end up offending anybody, it's certainly not my intentions, but I just REALLY need to rant about something that's rully been bugging me more and more as of late...

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the atheists in America have gone crazy... I mean, really, WHAT is their DEAL here? If they don't believe in anything, why do they waste so much time and energy making a big fuss over things they feel don't even exist? And people wonder why the rest of the world hates Americans, heck, Americans can't even get along with each other! I know bowing to atheistic pressure dates way back, but it almost seems like it's gone to extremes in recent times... heck, there's atheistic pressure outside my own door: for some reason, or other, the entire state of Wisconsin has decided to single out East Tennessee, and try to chase religion out of the region... and, just what exactly did we (Tennesseans) do to Wisconsin to get them this upset?

Look, there were a bunch of different reasons the pilgrims came over here to get away from England, but each of those reasons had a common thread running through them: freedom. Historically, that also included religious freedom. America is a free country, and Americans have rights, so if people want to believe in and worship God, they have a right to do so; likewise, if people don't want to believe in anything like that, they also have a right to do so. HOWEVER, again, atheists seem to continuously take rights away from Christians... there's quite an imbalance here. You know the old saying, "If so-and-so is happy, everybody is happy?" That's the exact kind of mentality atheists seem to be taking, if they're happy, everybody is happy, and let's just take a look at some of the things people have caved in to to make atheists happy:
1. Prayer in school has been banned (pre-1962, it used to be mandatory)
2. Courtrooms are prohibited from displaying the 10 Commandments, or any other similar religious-based documents.
3. Public places and public transportation are prohibited from playing Christian rock and/or gospel music.
And even with those successes, there's still a lot they wish to achieve:
1. They keep trying to have "In God We Trust" removed from currency.
2. They keep trying to have "Under God" removed from the Pledge of Alligence.
3. They want the word "Religion" removed from uniforms of authority figures (i.e. police).
4. As I pointed out earlier, all of Wisconsin has been bullying East Tennessee to remove religion from our area.
5. There's a current controversy over in Santa Monica over public displays of nativity scenes during Christmas.

Now then, with that in mind, what exactly have the atheists done in return, to make religious people happy?

*Crickets chirp*

Uh-huh.

And I know religion has its flaws as well, I know there are some religions that actually require it's people to basically make nuisances of themselves to try to spread some kind of propaganda as it were *cough*Jehovah'sWitnesses*cough*, and I know there are some people out there, like religious fanatics, and Bible thumpers, who do basically try to shove their beliefs down people's throats, yet atheists seem to act like ALL religious people are like that. On the other hand, I also know that some atheists don't care either way about all of this hooey... in fact, I know at least one atheist who actually lives by most Christian principals, but just doesn't believe in a god, or a heaven and ****, or an afterlife, or anything like that.

I think there needs to be some kind of serious happy median reached here, this battle has become really one-sided... and again, my simple question is this: If atheists don't believe in anything, why do they make such a big fuss out of that which they don't believe in? I mean, I don't even see teenagers going around and giving little kids the business about believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, et al... you'd think grown-ups could be a little more, well, grown-up about this kind of issue. Again, I'm sure the fanatics and thumpers are probably a lot of the cause behind this, but still...

Ya know, we may all have different background, we may all have been brought up with different views, we may all not see eye-to-eye on some things, but why do these things have to prevent us all from just getting along with one another? Why all of use just set aside such differences, and say to one another, "Look, I know we don't agree on certain ideas, but that's okay, because you're you, and I'm me, and it takes all kinds of people to make this world go 'round"? Why can't we all just get along?

*Goes back to bed*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It really amazes me...for people who don't believe in anything they sure are obsessed with God :stick_out_tongue:

But I think it's the anonymity of the internet. You can spout all the crap you want without fear of being punched in the face :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
2. Courtrooms are prohibited from displaying the 10 Commandments, or any other similar religious-based documents.
Snickers... those had less to do with religion and more to do with the Ten Commandments movie at the time. Those were basically publicity stuts to gather interest in the movie.
3. Public places and public transportation are prohibited from playing Christian rock and/or gospel music.
I'd feel sorry if Christian Rock wasn't terrible. Gospel music can be very catchy, and have a wonderful harmonious sound to it, but Christian Rock just... ugh.... But if you think about all the actual rock stars that "find religion" and still play the same great songs (despite the fact it gives the bands frightening allies in politics).

1. They keep trying to have "In God We Trust" removed from currency.
Considering what money does and what it symbolizes, I'd ask why more Christians wouldn't agree with them.
2. They keep trying to have "Under God" removed from the Pledge of Alligence.
I love that people get offended by that one. It was added at the height of the 1950's Red Scare and McCarthyism. Passive aggressively I might add. In context it basically says "we're not godless commie heathens."

I get what you're saying and I agree to some of it, and find the rest typical Fox News fearmongering. Christianity is the only religion in this country that wants to spread itself all over the mainstream culture, and while it is the majority religion in this country, I have yet to see Jewish culture spread out from Jewish neighborhoods, and we still think Islam is some scary cult of some sort. There's a give and take here. On the one hand, a lot of what Christians go through is kinda lousy. On the other hand, we all have to share this country with others. Psuedo-athiests are the most offended, sure... I hate state governments calling Christmas Tress "Holiday Trees" as much as the next guy. Walk into any store during Christmas, there's a tiny little cubby hole where they keep Hanukkah candles and terrible tasting chocolate coins. And they go on clearance the second they hit the stores. Can you imagine? Going to CVS (the biggest Hanukkah supplier) to barely be able to find candles and hear Christmas music while searching through the Christmas section? That's got to get annoying.