Your Muppet mistakes

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I made a few...

I used to call Animal Fuzzy because I probably heard Fozzie, and since Animal looks fuzzy, that's probably why.

I called Dave Goelz, Dave Go-Lez

I thought Piggy was voiced by a girl

I thought that Jim Henson was still alive, and he did the voice of Kermit still

Yup, many flaws...
I DID THE SAME THING WITH DAVE GOLEZ's NAME!
Heh heh, sorry. I've just been waiting for someone to bring that up. :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
It could be pronounced that way. If you don't know how to pronounce it yourself, then why get mad at someone else? :stick_out_tongue:
All right, I won't stay mad. (sigh) I know it's spelled g-o-l-e-z. I also pronounce it as -goals." I could be wrong though.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I used to often confuse puppeteer names, embarrassingly enough (as in, would accidentally list Scooter as a Jerry Nelson character, or The Count was a Frank Oz character). Mind you, this was when I just starting to learn the guys' names. :stick_out_tongue:
I still misspell Fozzie here and there (as Fozzy). -groans-

Hubert

Reaction score
It is actually spelled Goelz, as one person above seems to have spelled it wrong. And I also have always pronounced it "goals," mainly because that's how I heard Brian Henson pronounce it in a time when I didn't know how to say it. Before that I had called him "go-ells"

cjd874

Reaction score
I just found out that Jefferson Airplane DID NOT play the music on the Jazzy Spies cartoons from the early days of Sesame Street. I had always thought that, since vocalist Grace Slick was with JA at the time. I found a Muppet Wiki link stating the real names of the Jazzy Spies musicians:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_(song_series)

Also, I will throw my hat into the "mispronouncing Dave Goelz's name" ring. As a kid, I said Go-Lez :concern:! :oops:. For years, I was kind of :confused: about how to say his name, and now that I look back, it wasn't very :cool: on my behalf. :sigh:...
(note who's in the smilies...)