Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I actually recently had to inform someone that Jim died twenty years ago, he didn't "leave the show". I was indeed blown away by this ignorance.
I've also had to inform people here and there that Brian Henson did not take over as Kermit after his father's passing (no one's heard of Steve Whitmire, of course), but that's a more common mistake.

Hubert

Reaction score
You know, the other day I stumbled into some internet article summary about the Muppets that some woman wrote. As I read it, I was so impressed by the intelligence of this person, how they mentioned all the productions and stuff spot on, accurately discussed Sam and Friends and so on. It was great.

Until she said that Jim Henson's son took over Kermit after his death. :sigh:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I actually recently had to inform someone that Jim died twenty years ago, he didn't "leave the show". I was indeed blown away by this ignorance.
I've also had to inform people here and there that Brian Henson did not take over as Kermit after his father's passing (no one's heard of Steve Whitmire, of course), but that's a more common mistake.
I have to admit that I thought Brian took over Kermit at first. :embarrassed: I learned very quickly that this wasn't the case, though.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
Every time I read the name "Brian" in regards to Muppetry, I think of Brian Muehl. Good gravy, I can't imagine what his Kermit voice would sound like. :S Or what Brian Henson's Kermit voice would sound like, for that matter.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The Newsman was the only one of Jim's characters that Brian performed at any point.

Though I'll admit that when I was very young, I too thought Brian took over for Kermit. Hey, at least I knew who Brian Henson was. Not bad for a 7 or 8 year old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every time I read the name "Brian" in regards to Muppetry, I think of Brian Muehl. Good gravy, I can't imagine what his Kermit voice would sound like. :S Or what Brian Henson's Kermit voice would sound like, for that matter.
Brian Muehl was a rather versatile performer, with an impressive vocal range, so I don't know, he may have been able to pull it off... I know there's been various inserts from SST where I've mistaken him for Richard or Marty.