Who knows about your fandom?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
A lot of my close friends and family know, especially since I'm usually drawing them. I'm quite comfortable with my family because Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island are our favorites. I even asked my older sister for the On the Road mini-series for Christmas.

My friends are mixed, however. They like my drawings and some are willing to talk about them to me. The guy who owns the local comic shop always makes sure to order the latest comics for me and is very good with me being a Muppet freak. But others don't really like them, like my best friend but she tolerates my fandom. Some have told me they don't find it appealing and one regular guy at the comic shop rolled his eyes when I was paying for one Muppet comic. I just hugged my comic and said, "Shut up! :stick_out_tongue:"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I know is the next time someone says to me Muppets are only for little kids and I should grow up I'm gonna throw snowballs at them.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well then I'm throwing rocks. This is why I don't tell anyone about my fandom because they just don't get it. It's not worth it to me.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I remember seeing on Facebook that my friend is an admirer of Danny Kaye (Note: He is twenty-two years old). So I sent him a link to the Muppet Show episode with Kaye as the guest. To my delight, he loved it!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I am lucky my husband was already a Muppet fan when we met. Which was a big plus!!! :smile: And probably why I married him...haha just kidding I'd love him even if he wasn't into Muppets but it's nice that he does even if it's not to the extent that I do because he knows how important they are to me and how much they make me happy.

Sadly my husband might be the only person in my "real life" who does get why I'm into them so much.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
A girl named Cherry I just met at the library knows my Muppet fandom and her favorite characters are Kermit and Miss Piggy. I was shocked. She also said one of her friend makes an impression of Elmo from SS. I am so shocked that I am not the only muppet fan around this world.