What is Your Race and Religion?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm Caucasian (about as pale as they come, between Snowthy and me). My dad was Irish, my mother English, but my family tree also has some Italian, Jewish and German branches.
Raised Catholic, but now I'm part of a Christian Reformed church. But religious titles don't matter to me. It's what's in your heart, and your relationship with Jesus that matters. To me, Religion is trying to conform to a set of rules and trappings, and being humans, we are never going to be perfect. We will sin, we will screw up, we will make mistakes. That's why Jesus died for us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
. But religious titles don't matter to me. It's what's in your heart, and your relationship with Jesus that matters. To me, Religion is trying to conform to a set of rules and trappings, and being humans, we are never going to be perfect. We will sin, we will screw up, we will make mistakes. That's why Jesus died for us.
That's pretty much the way I feel too: someone I know once said there's a difference between being a religious person, and being a spiritual person, and it's better to be a spiritual person (trying to live a Christ-like life, and really working on your relationship with Jesus), as opposed to being a religious person (goes to church and spouts Scriptures a lot).

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I'm Caucasian (about as pale as they come, between Snowthy and me).
Raised Catholic, but now I'm part of a Christian Reformed church. But religious titles don't matter to me. It's what's in your heart, and your relationship with Jesus that matters. To me, Religion is trying to conform to a set of rules and trappings, and being humans, we are never going to be perfect. We will sin, we will screw up, we will make mistakes. That's why Jesus died for us.
EXACTLY! Thank you for bringing this up! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have a Christian shirt that says on the front in big letters.

IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION! IT'S ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!

Most other faiths are based upon whatever people do to try to earn the favour of the gods or goddesses they believe in. Christianity teaches that we can do nothing to merit God's favour because we have all sinned and done wrong in His sight. Though we deserve His righteous judgement as sinners we believe that He forgives us purely out of His loving mercy through the substitutionary death and resurrection of His Son Jesus. Christianity means that Christ has brought us into an undeserved relationship with Him and His Father.

It's true that the term the Christian religion has been nominally used for many years however. But Christians in some places are beginning to get out of that misnomer in recent years thank God.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I'm white/caucasian. I'm an American, and I've got some German in me from my dad's side, but beyond that I don't know.

I'm a Christian (a Baptist specifically, though I don't think denomination is that important). But I don't like calling it a religion, for exactly the reasons that Bill Bubble Guy posted above.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
White/Caucasian and as far as I know I am pure Newfoundlander, LOL. Mostly English, might have some Irish and Welsh in the bloodline as well.

I'm also a born-again believer in Christ, and I think Bill Bubble Guy has summoned up my views on that pretty well already. I am completely incapable of reconsiling myself to God by any method of my own because of my sin, and I have to rely entirely on the love, grace and mercy of Jesus Christ as my Savior and reconsiler, and I thank God for that. :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I'm mixed of black, white, french, and puertorican. (Still can't spell that. :stick_out_tongue:)

I am a Christain.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm White/Caucasian, with French, English, German, Irish, and Italian roots, I think. Every time I ask someone in my family that question I get a different answer, so I'm guessing they don't really know.

I was confirmed Catholic, but I don't really identify with or follow any religion or belief system right now.