Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

cjd874

Reaction score
Even though we all still miss Jerry, I love his voice. There was always something about his singing voice no matter what Muppet he did gave me the goosebumps. Whe I was very young, I started listeing to the song, "When the River Meets The Sea." Now, I really appreciate not only his acting, but his singing voice as well.
I especially love his performance of "When the River Meets the Sea" at Jim's funeral. He & Louise Gold did a very touching rendition of it.
Come to think of it, every vocal performance by Jerry was great, especially:
  • "The Batty Bat" (Count von Count)
  • "That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine" (Herry Monster)
  • "X Marks the Spot" (Sherlock Hemlock)
  • "Telephone Rock" (Little Jerry)
  • "One Thing Leads to Another" (Biff & Judy Collins)
  • "Simon's Guessing Game" (Simon Soundman, SS Episode 406)
  • "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (Floyd Pepper)
  • "Halfway Down the Stairs" (Robin the Frog)
  • "Henrietta's Wedding" (Slim Wilson with Louise Gold Muppet, MS Episode 211)
  • "Sheik of Araby" (Uncle Deadly, MS Episode 212)
  • "When the River Meets the Sea" (Emmet Otter)
  • "Shine on Me" (Gobo)

Vincent L

Reaction score
Something called the Grouches Wiki which I think is a complete rip-off of Muppet Wiki
You should be able to view it by the link.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I just saw on the newsstand Life Magazine's annual book of celebrities who passed away this year, and Jerry made the last page! Carroll Spinney drew a beautiful picture of Big Bird, with a tear in his eye, saying goodbye to Jerry, with the Count, Mumford, Herry, and Fat Blue surrounding him.
This is quite an achievement, since outside of Muppet circles, Jerry Nelson isn't exactly a household name. Even when Jim died, even though he got his picture on the covers of a few magazines, his death was marginalized in the news, only because Sammy Davis, Jr. died the same day.