Little things we've noticed

Misskermie

Reaction score
I noticed that on the Helen Reddy episode, in the recording studio, zoot is actually playing the flute, instead of the sax.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I just caught a small something in MCC. During Bless Us All, Piggy briefly switches to a live left hand to visibly move a candle.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I just finished watching It's a Very Merry Muppets Christmas Movie on DVD, and it suddenly dawned upon me:

Disney's The Muppets (2011) and IaVMMCM have very similar storylines: The Muppets are trying to save the theater, and the Muppet Theater is in jeopardy of falling into the hands of greedy business tycoons (Rachel Bitterman and Tex Richman); Kermit feels like they gave it their best shot, but they ended up short, only to be rescued by a sudden climactic plot twist, and they still manage to stick together no matter what happens to the theater, since their friendships are apparently priceless.

Aside from the Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life elements, it seems like TM is almost like a generic re-make of IaVMMCM, which means that TM seems to break the fourth wall in spoofing the story line of an earlier Muppets film, and IaVMMCM spoofs the Christmas pop culture.....

http://www.muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Similarities_between_It's_a_Very_Merry_Muppet_Christmas_Movie_and_The_Muppets has more info on the side-by-side comparison of the two films....

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I was watching A Muppet Family Christmas yesterday, and I noticed that one of the chickens carries one of the rats out of the kitchen right before Robin and Kermit sing Jingle Bells.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I was watching A Muppet Family Christmas yesterday, and I noticed that one of the chickens carries one of the rats out of the kitchen right before Robin and Kermit sing Jingle Bells.
Actually, the rat carries the chicken out.

Wait a sec, you watched MFC yesterday? What a coincidence! So did I.

Hubert

Reaction score
I just caught a small something in MCC. During Bless Us All, Piggy briefly switches to a live left hand to visibly move a candle.
Oh wow, that's really interesting. I'll have to look out for that in my next viewing of the movie.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Actually, the rat carries the chicken out.

Wait a sec, you watched MFC yesterday? What a coincidence! So did I.
Huh... It looks like chicken carries the rat. But it might just look like that because the chicken is bigger.

Cool! MFC is great, probably one of my top five favorite Muppet productions ever.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Was this on cable/TV or DVD?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Was this on cable/TV or DVD?
Probably not TV. I doubt we'll be seeing it again on TV anytime soon.

Incidentally, I watched the uncut version yesterday (with the original commercials).

There's a really fun bit during a break where Kermit (wearing his Christmas vest, and in front on the Christmas tree in Ma Bear's house) tells us that "A Muppet Family Christmas will return in a moment". Behind him, Fozzie plays with a few puppets.

Also, what was normally scheduled to air on ABC back in '87 on the night this premiered were "Perfect Strangers" and "Head of the Class".