New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Hubert

Reaction score
Thanks Hubert, the words match perfectly. Please look at my first fan fiction, Kermit's diary. I've only just started it off, but I need comments so I can continue. Please check it out, thank you.
Oh, cool. I'll have to check that out at some point soon, and will definitely comment then. :smile:

Muppetbabylover

Reaction score
What a wonderful surprise to find a place to talk about Muppets! I look forward to reading everything. I did a search for Muppet Show Blu Ray and the first result was the post from here. I in high school when The Muppet Show aired and it's strange but every teenager in our neighborhood would come over to watch it with me. So I've been too old for them since the day they aired.

Hubert

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Muppetbabylover! Too old for them, you say? :eek: You're never too old for the good old Muppets. :wink: But anyway, welcome to the forum!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
What a wonderful surprise to find a place to talk about Muppets! I look forward to reading everything. I did a search for Muppet Show Blu Ray and the first result was the post from here. I in high school when The Muppet Show aired and it's strange but every teenager in our neighborhood would come over to watch it with me. So I've been too old for them since the day they aired.
Hi, Muppetbabylover! Welcome to Muppet Central Forum.
I hope you enjoy your stay. My mother used to watch The Muppet Show in Wales. I always loved The Muppet Show ever since I first watched it on television. The Muppets have been one of the fads of the 1970's.

Artberto

Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!
Hi to all! I'm new to this forum. In fact, just joined today. I been a big fan of the Muppets since Sesame Street started it's run way back when in, I think it was 1969. I was six and found them wonderful and continue to feel the same way about them. I love the Muppet show and the movies and countless specials. They're the reason I wanted to be a puppeteer. So there you have it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hi, Artberto, welcome to the forum! Sesame did start in 1969, and it's nice to hear that you've been a fan for so long! And it's also great that you want to be/are a puppeteer. You might find the puppetry section of the forum great for advice, tips, and even sharing your work

Artberto

Reaction score
Thank you. Though I have loved puppetry the better part of my life I didn't become a puppeteer until I was in my late thirties. I started with marionettes at a puppet theater in Dallas learning how to operate them, then, out of need, teaching myself how to fix them. Eventually I started to make them too. Still, my knowledge is quite limited to the work I done. I've never been to a workshop or to a convention. I'd love to do both someday but in the meantime I learn from books and videos along with a lot of trail and error. I glad to be a part of this group with like minded folk. I look forward to chatting, learning and sharing whatever I can from the little I know.

I work as freelance artist. which covers a lot of ground for me. I've worked as an actor, as a circus clown and of course, a puppeteer. Presently, I do educational presentations as a comical character who teaches about water conservation and preservation to elementary school- age children. Some of it does involve puppetry but only in a minor way. Last year I did some puppetry at Seaworld using marionettes in cabaret style. The marionettes were Halloween themed. I'm also an illustrator. And a parent which keeps me pretty busy too.

Hi, Artberto, welcome to the forum! Sesame did start in 1969, and it's nice to hear that you've been a fan for so long! And it's also great that you want to be/are a puppeteer. You might find the puppetry section of the forum great for advice, tips, and even sharing your work
Cheers is a great show. I know it well. All the characters would look great as Muppets.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi to all! I'm new to this forum. In fact, just joined today. I been a big fan of the Muppets since Sesame Street started it's run way back when in, I think it was 1969. I was six and found them wonderful and continue to feel the same way about them. I love the Muppet show and the movies and countless specials. They're the reason I wanted to be a puppeteer. So there you have it.
It's nice to see you, Artberto. I'm so surprised that you are a fan of Sesame Street since it started in 1969. Anyway, welcome to Muppet Central Forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. I hope you enjoy puppetry! :smile:

I work as freelance artist. which covers a lot of ground for me. I've worked as an actor, as a circus clown and of course, a puppeteer. Presently, I do educational presentations as a comical character who teaches about water conservation and preservation to elementary school- age children. Some of it does involve puppetry but only in a minor way. Last year I did some puppetry at Seaworld using marionettes in cabaret style. The marionettes were Halloween themed. I'm also an illustrator. And a parent which keeps me pretty busy too.
Wow! That's awesome. I'm sure the audience loved it. Great job!