Kermit, Jack Black, Celebrities, People...

Hubert

Reaction score
Watching "The Muppets" today, I have to raise the question: am I the only one who thinks it is so un-Kermit like for him to be OK with the kidnapping of Jack Black after a few minutes? I mean, I would think that it would take more for Kermit to agree than a "We all agreed that a celebrity is not a people" or a "we need to do this to save the show"...we know Kermit's morality to be better than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well he didn't seem to mind the Muppets kidnapping John Cleese back in the day, lol.
That's why I felt the Jack Black portion of the movie had that classic feel. Just the parallel to the John Cleese episode. it's almost a shame it was done exclusively for the movie. If they ever have another TV show, they need to get Jack back and make sure he's not willing (in show of course) to work with them again.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Unless they release him after the event.

Hubert

Reaction score
It's been a while since I saw the John Cleese episode, but using my recollection, I had always assumed that John agreed to do the show (his contract is even mentioned for it), and then once he got there, he realized what he got himself into, and tried to leave, but then they held him hostage, rather than a straight out kidnapping.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's been a while since I saw the John Cleese episode, but using my recollection, I had always assumed that John agreed to do the show (his contract is even mentioned for it), and then once he got there, he realized what he got himself into, and tried to leave, but then they held him hostage, rather than a straight out kidnapping.
That's true, John wants to back out because he his contrast had a no pigs clause. So yeah it was more of a hostage situation, but Kermit was definitely participating, particularly during the closing number, lol.

Muppet Show Kermit could get a little desperate when it came to making sure the show went on, lol. In general the characters on Muppet Show were a bit jaded and desperate, the way struggling actors would be. It wasn't until the movies that they really got into being more sentimental and poignant.

Hubert

Reaction score
But anyway, my problem was that I would has rather seen a situation set up where the Muppets find some worthless guest star, but the others really kidnap Jack Black and Kermit finds out a few minutes prior and has no choice. I just didn't care for how he lickety split changed his mind in a few short seconds...it just seemed too unnatural.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I kind of like how the movie balanced sentimental and muppety chaos...and this was a good example of it....kermit caves because in the end you have to be crazy to be in charge of those people (puppets)