My own personal open rant

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every time I go on YouTube, the format keeps changing, the weather is absolutely ridiculous. 53 degrees! Can it get any worse? If it's 60 degrees, I am gonna get upset. Also, I don't have any Muppet toys. (sighs) This year really had some bumps on all of us.
I think you've got the wrong rant thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
E the weather is absolutely ridiculous. 53 degrees! Can it get any worse? If it's 60 degrees, I am gonna get upset.
You guys that complain about the heat wave have it lucky. The same system gave us 1 degree above normal weather with rain. The one day that I'd agree is ridiculously above normal? Rain before it gets back to the 40's, the same temperature it was the 2 days before. But here's something... it's not even winter yet, and when there's a mild December, that usually means a brutal January. I've said before, Christmas comes 4 days into winter. Then you have the entire month of January. The WORST, coldest, darkest, longest month of the year. All you get then is Martin Luther King Day.

Still, it would be nice to actually get that warm air that's ticking everybody off up here. Every time they said it was supposed to be in the 50's, it was the mid 40's and cloudy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I think you guys have the wrong rant thread, this thread is my rants about set backs and lackluster results with my own work and creativity.

Like now, for instance: thanks to YouTube screwing up the homepage big time, stats indicate that only FOUR of my subscribers have actually seen the most recent new Steve D'Monster vid, that's probably because the rest of them aren't even aware it's been uploaded because they probably haven't seen it in their homepage feeds.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like now, for instance: thanks to YouTube screwing up the homepage big time, stats indicate that only FOUR of my subscribers have actually seen the most recent new Steve D'Monster vid, that's probably because the rest of them aren't even aware it's been uploaded because they probably haven't seen it in their homepage feeds.
I heard there was a problem with video views also. I know one of the people I co-subscribe to keeps losing subscribers somehow and it drives her bats. There's something on YT's end that sucks, but I really dislike the new homepage, cluttering up subscriptions and recommendations into one list. That's probably part of your problem. I get things I "subscribed" to that were posted well over a few weeks ago on top of the list like they were new.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't really tell if people are still having trouble with the new homepage or not, so at any rate, here's an MC posting for the latest Christmas entry.

Personally, I'm a little embarrassed by this one: it turned out a lot cheesier than I expected, and one of the effects didn't even show on camera which unintentionally adds to the cheap production values. Oh well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here we go again:

And believe it or not, I actually got a little emotional while filming this entry, for two very different reasons:

1. As I was shooting Steve asleep on the couch, by the light of the Christmas tree, "Bunny Go High and Go Low" starting playing in the back of my mind, and it reminded of how much I'm going to miss Kevin.
2. As you know, I had planned a big holiday fest for Steve this year, it's some thing I've been working on almost all year, and this was the last of it... which means it's all over now, there's no more that needs to be done with it... it's bittersweet, to say the least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm STILL REALLY hurting right now from how effed up the new YT homepage is, so because of that, here's some more shameless plugging in an attempt to help boost my failing view count.

Oh yeah, this is the remaining unreleased entry in the series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Excuse me for bumping this thread again, but I kind of have a different perspective this time.

Nearly a month ago, I uploaded my latest work, an artistic short film entitled THE WINDMILL, which was something of a tribute to and a psuedo remake of the Disney Silly Symphony THE OLD MILL. It was a personal labor of love that took about a month to do, from actually building and constructing the windmill itself, to setting the stage, to filming, to editing; it was totally a pet project, all the way. Weeks later, with the obvious exception of people from within my own social circle, it's gone virtually unnoticed. Once again, I place all the blame on YouTube: by doing away with tags and continually sweeping the small channels under the rug on purpose to posture partner channels, ordinary and honest YouTubers like myself are getting creamed. But, this time around, I'm not really bothered all that much, because this is a different case: as I said, THE WINDMILL was really nothing more than a pet project that was a labor of love, I did it simply because I felt like doing it; it's not like with Steve, when I'm putting myself out there and trying to showcase my work for people to actually see. THE WINDMILL really isn't part of my body of work, it was just something I did on the side out of enjoyment, and I'm not really trying to showcase anything... so while I'm still bitterly upset with YT for practically forsaking the community that makes it up by focusing all of its energies on the schmucks that put money in their pockets, I'm not feeling any kind of disappointments over this, because it's not as if it was all for naught.

On a side note, it's kind of interesting that the poor results of my VAMPIRE GIRL webcomic is what prompted this thread two years ago, though thoughout this past year or so, it's actually started garnering a little outside attention (and by "Outside," I mean people who aren't already associated with me), so... *Shrug* Whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm really glad that for the first time in a long time I'm actually receiving feedback on my work. It's been a couple of weeks since I released my experimental film, and response to it has been completely positive, which I'm happy about. I find it intriguing that so many people find it to be a funny short, because it really wasn't intended to be a comedy -- but then again, it really didn't fall into any specific genre, which is one of the reasons why it was an "experimental" film. But I'm glad people have been enjoying it: those 3-4 months of hard work paid off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I keep seeing schmuck internet celebrities getting TV deals all over the place, and I keep wondering when is it going to be my turn? Not counting Steve's show which I was close to actually making happen, I'm sitting on top of eight different show concepts that I've had outlined as far back as 2007 (which is how long I've been producing content for YT). Of course, it would actually behoove me if this town actually had studio facilities that could hold a full-scale puppet production with built-up sets. There's actually a good-sized independent producing and filmmaking community in my town, and major motion pictures have filmed here before (a poster for our local country radio station can be seen in THE COUNTRY BEARS, and Tarantino is from here and often films in and around the area), so there's justification from bring better production facilities here.