International skits on Youtube...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't understand what "Do de Rubber Duck" is even doing in a Chanukah episode.

I also think subtitles were avoided because if this was for the same age group as the regular show, they wouldn't really be able to read them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't understand what "Do de Rubber Duck" is even doing in a Chanukah episode.
I doubt there's enough footage on the American show that really makes sense in that context. Plus, it doesn't seem like that's ever been a big concern. The American skits that were dubbed are basically there to say "Hey! Our culture isn't completely different from yours because we use the same footage, but dub it in another language" or "This is what our characters sound like in another language."

But the strange thing is, from what I've heard, Chanukah isn't quite the big deal in Israel as it is here, since the holiday is escalated to compete with Christmas. It almost seems, like all Chanukah specials, basically there to explain what it is to Christians. It's a shame that they didn't make a Rosh Hoshanna episode until the 2009 series.

I also think subtitles were avoided because if this was for the same age group as the regular show, they wouldn't really be able to read them.
You're right about that. It seems that the first 5 episodes were intended for an older audience, and for the most part those ones seem to focus more on the history and important landmarks in Israel than the second series. That's probably why they were filmed in New York after a while. The second series was for younger audiences, and the newest series is for the youngest of all, leaving the dub portion to simple numbers coming from The Count.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've only seen three episodes of the newest series, but from what's on their website, the only fully dubbed anything from the original show is the remake of "Rubber Duckie"; where the dialogue is English, but the lyrics are Hebrew.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never really found those dubs to be as interesting as the original characters anyway.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Here are two Sinterklaas in Sesamstraat specials. The first is from 2004 and the second is from 2012 (this year).

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Here's the first few minutes of the Plaza Sesamo video, "El Alfabeto de Montoya".