Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty funny. I loved the calypso song they sang. The Word of the Day was fun. Great to see Herb again. I loved that the PIYN bits dealt with a paleontologist. It fit exactly with the street story. At last, a new SG 2.O! It was pretty funny. I liked that the bear and moose had Canadian accents. Oscarfan, until you get the episode file, here's the old Muppet bits they showed today: Grover sells Johnson a V with a violin, vegetables, and violets, AFFS Macaronisaurus,
Muevete, and ETM Guacamole.

ssetta

Reaction score
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that they mentioned POOP with the paleontologist. I never thought they would use that word on this show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that they mentioned POOP with the paleontologist. I never thought they would use that word on this show.
It was mentioned in a scientific manner, as immature as it was. That's forgivable.

It's a little early to mention this, as the episode doesn't air for a few days, but an upcoming episode is going to show the unfortunate perils of taping things a year or 2 in advance. I'm referring to the LMNOP parody. That "band's" popularity was rightfully fleeting, and now the joke seems dated before it even premieres. Supposedly they broke up several months back. They really should watch the cultural references if they're saving an episode for a later date.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today's episode included a repeated street story (Abby thinks Oscar is really a prince), as well as Super Grover 2.0 finding a wedding ring, Upside-Downton Abbey, and Elmo the Musical: Prince the Musical. I think it's new. There's some cool things in this one: Prince Elmo's castle resembles the one from The King of 8, and there's a CGI dragon who looks like the one from the "Song About Elmo" segment (it's a shame they didn't just use the puppet).

I was surprised as well. So dinosaur poop is hard like a rock? And they actually know what it is? Weird. Though I know that one of the international versions of Sesame Street did a segment where a dog poops on a sidewalk chalk drawing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was surprised as well. So dinosaur poop is hard like a rock?
It's fossilized droppings. Otherwise, it would decompose with the soil.

I basically only watched the Prince Elmo bit. I had a feeling they'd use it since it was appropriate for the main street story. These things really do move faster than Elmo's World did. I guess there's a time difference between running times, as ETM starts just before the 45 minute mark and not the 39 minute mark. I still can't believe people want the lesser Elmo bit back, these are delightfully fun. I'm guessing the Mice Guard thing was coincidental and not referencing something. Be cool if it was, though. I liked how the dragon sounded like Johnny Cash for some reason.

So Upsidedowntown Abby is supposed to be on twice this week? They really need more footage to put in there. They really need to not be shy of archival segments. They rerun enough as it is.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's fossilized droppings. Otherwise, it would decompose with the soil.

I basically only watched the Prince Elmo bit. I had a feeling they'd use it since it was appropriate for the main street story. These things really do move faster than Elmo's World did. I guess there's a time difference between running times, as ETM starts just before the 45 minute mark and not the 39 minute mark. I still can't believe people want the lesser Elmo bit back, these are delightfully fun. I'm guessing the Mice Guard thing was coincidental and not referencing something. Be cool if it was, though. I liked how the dragon sounded like Johnny Cash for some reason.

So Upsidedowntown Abby is supposed to be on twice this week? They really need more footage to put in there. They really need to not be shy of archival segments. They rerun enough as it is.
Isn't the segment only airing in today's ep.? Their celebrity airdate schedule was wrong with ep numbers and such originally.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That probably was the case. Muppet Wiki must've been corrected after the last time I checked.

Whatever, I saw it on Youtube anyway, and I doubt we wouldn't see them use it again by the end of the season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the new tune-ins in today's episode. I love how the alphabet cook-off started with Murray stuck in the bowl and Ovejita had to pull him out. The Downton Abbey parody was great. Fran Brill and Frank Oz make a great team. The new ETM was good. I liked that Velvet participated in it. Oscarfan, here's all the old Muppet bits they showed, until you get the episode file: Anime Cookie Monster sings E is for Elephant, AFFS Opposite Blogg, 1234 with Feist, SG 2.O finding a ring in the sand, and Sounds of the Street dog, helicopter and tiger with allergies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Grover really saved the street story. I really think they underused the concept of Elmo being the sidekick/assistant/protege of Grover. They used it to some extent here.

And FINALLY! A New Super Grover 2.0. Grover was all over today's episode. They used that V sketch. That's like 3 segments. He's used roughly as much as Elmo was in this episode. That's amazing.
I agree. It's always good to have some Grover moments especially in a street scene. That's why it's a good thing to have Eric working with him when Frank isn't available. I'm sort of thinking that now that Kevin's gone, if they can have Elmo take more of a back seat and focus more on Cookie and Grover and the rest of them. I know Elmo will still be around and he'll have to be performed by somebody, but I just mean while we're getting used to this, if you know what I mean.

I wish there was a paleontologist in my neighborhood. There really is a diverse circle of careers in New York city. I am loving this People in the Neighborhood segment. I wish they'd make it its own segment and replace Abby's School with it.
Yeah. I liked that since you don't see too many paleontologists in our neighborhood. I was interested in the fact that they showed dinosaur poop. I didn't think SS would get away with that one. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. It's always good to have some Grover moments especially in a street scene. That's why it's a good thing to have Eric working with him when Frank isn't available. I'm sort of thinking that now that Kevin's gone, if they can have Elmo take more of a back seat and focus more on Cookie and Grover and the rest of them. I know Elmo will still be around and he'll have to be performed by somebody, but I just mean while we're getting used to this, if you know what I mean.
We won't know exactly what's going on for at least 2 years (unless they only filmed half of season 44). I'm sure they have a back up Elmo, and things will be back to as normal as possible. It would be a silver lining if other characters filled in gaps and Elmo kept a lower profile, but that's pretty unlikely given how much Elmo means to the show currently. Not to mention Eric and David both depend on if there's any Muppet Projects coming out of Disney. We'd probably see a rise in Telly and Oscar stuff if we're lucky. We haven't had any good Telly/ Oscar episodes for some time.