Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I think it seems like they've written themselves into a corner by making Telly best friends with Baby Bear. There's not really much they can do with the Telly/Oscar pairing these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was a letter B segment from a couple years back. I still think the Telly Baby Bear thing came out of David needing a recurring character on the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First off... the song Oscar sings about making the Splat is obviously a parody of Sunday in the Park with George. I wanna say the song is "Finishing the Hat." You grow up having a mother that listens to that sort of thing, you know instinctively.

But it's great to see an Oscar based episode, especially since ol' Fluffy came back. I really wonder why Abby was there. It could have literally been any character. She didn't seem to do too much.

That most certainly did NOT look like a huge lump of paint.

The sand artist is immensely talented. But I wonder why the heck he decided to show up dressed in such a way that he looks similar to Freddy Kruger. Have I mentioned how much I like these Murray excursions lately?

That retraux silent film thing with the letter K... those are quite clever and well done, even though I'm surprised if anyone in the age demographic gets the silent movie references. We barely did.

It's an old segment, but I just love that Russian Restaurant skit. And the more I think about it, it clearly was inspired by the Cheese Shop Monty Python bit. Right down to the increasingly annoying live music.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah! I was hoping the Russian Restaurant sketch would re-air soon!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was good. I liked the song Oscar and Abby sung. The Word of the Day bit with Kristin Bell was great. After seeing Sarah Marshal, I have a kinda crush on her. I liked that the People in Your Neighborhood bits dealt with a sand painter. It fit with the street story. Oscarfan, until you get the episode file, here are the old Muppet bits they showed: The Special K parody, AFFS Niblet gets Bloog's wand, Songs with Sugarland, Chris helps the Two-Headed Monster show 10, B&EGA Ernie and Bert meet a kangaroo and her baby, Grover's Russian Restaurant , and ETM Pizza.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The main story was quite hilarious, despite the fact the entire thing was just another STEAM based episode. Nice to see Alan act like the child and Telly be the adult for a change. But you got to wonder, if LMNOP was a pop star, why did he need a guitar in the first place since pop stars don't really play them? Also, why not ask Bob? I'm sure he had one. People disappearing for the sake of plot. Too bad they didn't air this last year when ***** was more relevant (already mentioned that a few posts back). The band broke up quite some time ago. At least it wasn't that integral to the joke. And what's up with those rabbit and bird puppets? I've never seen those before.

Was the Grover bit new? If it was used before I think I forgot it. Did we really need the Quiet or Loud bit reused this season? They're really getting bad at reusing same season footage. And I swear someone behind Wow Wow Wubzy must've been involved. The trees and mountains, not to mention the character expressions look very Wubzyish. And that number 7 thing with the CGI monsters walking down a real street was absolutely adorable. We're really getting better and better number sequences.

And I think its time to retire the High School Musical parody. Disney (thankfully) dropped that tired product years ago.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What was the Grover bit?

I think that rabbit's been used on the show before, though I don't recall when. The parrot's been around since at least the early 90's (it's in "Let's Lay an Egg")

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Super Grover with the letter F for Flying... or lack thereof.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a re-airing. Man, they sure are intent on using Grover in virtually every episode this season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new street story was good. I liked the song. The Word of the Day was alright. The new Murray tune-in was good. Oscarfan, here's all the old Muppet bits until you get the episode file: SG has an F on his chest and shows Fall, AFFS Cubby creature, Murray shows 7 tap-dancers, hula-hoops and pink hats, B&EGA Ernesto and Bertinni, Murray plays Dare to Compare with tools, Pre-School Musical, and ETM Circus.