Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a re-airing. Man, they sure are intent on using Grover in virtually every episode this season.
And people say the show's still Elmo-centric. Grover's taking back over. And NO one is complaining.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, like I said with Elmo being without a puppeteer now, they may want to phase him out (well, not completely I mean, just until they figure out what to do about the situation), they may want to bring the focus back on the other characters. Just a thought I had on that.

as well as Super Grover 2.0 finding a wedding ring,
Yeah. That's the trouble with repeat episodes, they keep squeezing in new stuff and you don't know about it. Though I think the SG2.0 about the wedding ring was from before. It sounds familiar. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, like I said with Elmo being without a puppeteer now, they may want to phase him out (well, not completely I mean, just until they figure out what to do about the situation), they may want to bring the focus back on the other characters. Just a thought I had on that.
I'm pretty sure they have a back up. If nothing else, they have enough back footage of Elmo to last a while. The worst I'd see is his presence shrink a little, but nothing large scale. They'll just recast the character and things will be as normal as they ever been.

Grover, however, has been gaining momentum ever since Eric took over the character. Remember, The three characters to get Macy's Balloons were Big Bird, Super Grover (for the 35th anniversary), and Abby (because they were pretty much forcing the character at that point). Never an Elmo.

Grover also had 2 different segments on the show, the current one and Global Grover. So I doubt he's rising as a star due to Elmo if that's what I'm taking away from what you're saying.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I think I know what you mean. When I think about it Grover has been regaining popularity even before the issue with Kevin came up, so maybe I'm wrong. Like I said that was sort of just something I had in mind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Grover's popularity came back on a wave of nostalgic interest in the series and recasting the character. We're seeing a lot more of certain characters due to recasting. And the funny thing is, when you look at Sesame Street merchandise, it's all Elmo and Cookie Monster. So he's getting a huge boost as well.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new street story was pretty good. We got Matt doing one of Jerry's Sesame characters for the first time. He did a good job. I really liked the song. The Word of the Day was pretty funny. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new ETM was great! It had John Tartagila and Stephine D'Abruzzo's awesome singing and a cameo from the Jack-in-the-Box from The Christmas Toy! Oscarfan, here's the old Muppet bits until you get the episode file: Anime Elmo sings L is for Lemon, AFFS Playground Troll, Ernie sings I Wonder(I was hoping they'd show that again), SG 2.O a squirrel has trouble with a shelf, Murray has to remember that the bird is behind the red door, and Jamie Foxx has the same name as a real fox and a duck.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Elmo the musical was weird! Not quite Gainax ending, but the whole revelation about it being a box of tissues. Wow. I guess that's what happens when you do detective stories for preschoolers. That ham actor bit was priceless, though. Tyler sold that character. He's a big ol ham himself. And there couldn't be any greater compliment when working with Muppets.

Speaking of which, Alan's in top form as usual. He's been even better than usual lately, between this and the LMNOP episode. Unexpected Kelly Clarkson parody was unexpected. Welcome, though. I can't help but start to feel some general ennui towards yet another "let's make something through trial and error" plotline, no matter how funny this one was. They really need to diversify next season as far as STEAM related plotlines go. Careful, your formula's showing.

Good to see that Joseph Gordon Levitt didn't forget his comedic routes being the co-star of the last movie in the Nolan Batman trilogy. I've been watching old Third Rock from the Sun episodes, and that's quite a leap. But he's just as good comedically as he was all the way back then. And what perfect chemistry with Murray. I'd hope to see him work with the Muppets again sometime.

cahuenga

Reaction score
The new street story was pretty good. We got Matt doing one of Jerry's Sesame characters for the first time. He did a good job. I really liked the song. The Word of the Day was pretty funny. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new ETM was great! It had John Tartagila and Stephanie D'Abruzzo's awesome singing and a cameo from the Jack-in-the-Box from The Christmas Toy! Oscarfan, here's the old Muppet bits until you get the episode file: Anime Elmo sings L is for Lemon, AFFS Playground Troll, Ernie sings I Wonder(I was hoping they'd show that again), SG 2.O a squirrel has trouble with a shelf, Murray has to remember that the bird is behind the red door, and Jamie Foxx has the same name as a real fox and a duck.
Which Jerry character did Matt perform?

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Which Jerry character did Matt perform?
The Big Bad Wolf; technically, Matt seems to be performing him as his own character rather than copying Jerry. The wolf was a bit annoying for me, frankly, but I guess that was the intention. Also, is it me or is Stephanie D'Abruzzo's Red Riding Hood character a reincarnation of Elizabeth?