Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Color me impressed! Performing Elmo has got to be an incredibly daunting task, especially in a context where you're so visible as the puppeteer! But he really seemed to nail it and it seemed like he was actually pretty comfortable with the character! Those are some enormous shoes to fill, but it looks like Elmo will definitely be in good hands going forward! :laugh:

The Llama

Reaction score
The voice and interaction isn't really the issue. I believe Ryan captures the character well. You can't, however, learn many years of puppeting technique in a short amount of time. Little things like keeping the mouth slightly open to create a smile. It's the nuance that makes the puppet seem alive. Good luck Ryan!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think Ryan did a phonemal job and hope he continues! We will always miss Kevin, but after seeing that video and knowing that all characters can be, and are replaced over time i belive Ryan can do the job! I hope Sesame does chose him! He's a great guy!

JayBleu

Reaction score
Ryan is doing a great job. Doing a puppet live is one of the hardest tasks in puppetry. I was always self conscious when I practiced in front of a mirror. I was also an "extra" puppeteer in the Original Muppet Movie for the ending sequence of the Rainbow Connection.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think Ryan must have watched lots of footage of Kevin's Elmo.When kevin's Elmo was a guest on "Rove" (Aust TV Show), I remember Elmo saying that he doesn't understand, something that Ryan has picked up on.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Elmo sounds like the original voice. I loved how Ryan did a great job performing him. :laugh:

Luke

Reaction score
Great to see another one of the Muppet fan community's own working with The Muppets.

I thought Ryan did an amazing job performing Elmo. Nailed it - I wish him every success in the future.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I agree, Ryan did a great Elmo, and I wouldn't be surpised if he was chosen to be the official successor.

And, of course, TMZ is maliciously stoopid.

wiley207

Reaction score
Not bad! Ryan does seem like he'd be a good Elmo replacement. After all, they finally recast the Count, but he was a bit easier to recast than Elmo...