Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I think Ryan must have watched lots of footage of Kevin's Elmo.When kevin's Elmo was a guest on "Rove" (Aust TV Show), I remember Elmo saying that he doesn't understand, something that Ryan has picked up on.
Yes, and Kevin trained Ryan and others to perform Elmo before he left (as part of Sesame Workshop's policy for main characters). So besides watching footage of Elmo, he personally learned the in's and out's of the character from Kevin.

And the "Elmo doesn't know what you're talking about" line was great. Silly TMZ, thinking the performers will just break character.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
It's not in the ride itself, just a stage show. It seems to be the big launch party opening or something... and even then, Peter only does the voice of Elmo talking. Kevin must've recorded the song before he left, but not the dialogue. But the rest of the ride was recorded before he left.
The song is actually re-used (and modified, given Abby's inclusion) from an old Sesame Street Live show, Out of This World.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I think he's pretty good, and I agree he has the voice spot on.

As for TMZ...

"Not trying to be rude, just being honest ... we don't know if it's a guy or a girl."

*headdesk* URGH!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I think he's pretty good, and I agree he has the voice spot on.

As for TMZ...

"Not trying to be rude, just being honest ... we don't know if it's a guy or a girl."

*headdesk* URGH!

when I played the video (seen it posted on facebook 1st) I too thought the muppeteer was a girl... and i wasnt trying to be rude! :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering that Ryan's about my age, I'd say he just looks really young for his age, and that may have something to do with it? I don't know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for TMZ...

*headdesk* URGH!

"I said 'no offense!' You're not supposed to be offended."

I hope I quoted that right. :halo:

Often times "I don't mean to be..." means "I definitely so super duper meant to be ______ I just want you not to call me out on it." Like it's some sort of "get out of being a complete tool free" card. Example..."I don't mean to sound racist..." often starts long, hateful tirades by extremely racist people who want to hide under the banner of "I don't mean to be a total butt, even though I am."

So yeah, the guy super duper totally was trying to be rude.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow...this guy's good. Still a little work needed but I'm confident he'll do well as the new Elmo performer. I must admit I was skeptical of whoever the guy was going to be, but Ryan Dillon proved me wrong and seems to have the full spirit, energy and heart needed to take on this character. While I'll miss Kevin dearly, I'm 100% behind Ryan carrying on the character's legacy.

Hope he's not just a "temp" either.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's Gordon and Abbey from the White House Easter Egg Roll...