Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot us are happy to see a nerdy-looking white fella being the new Elmo. Kind of gives hope to the rest of us. :laugh:

His puppeteering seems up to standards. The voice is a tad off (in my opinion) but I'm sure that will improve over time. (That is, of coarse, assuming that he's the definate new Elmo) I can't wait to see some more high-quality footage.

I hope he has a good singing voice too. I wish the White House would post their performance at the main stage.
Hey, I'm still waiting to see a picture (at least) of Barney. (He was there this year, for the first time in ten years!! (Not sure if a voice actor for him was there, so he may not have talked))

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I feel that the voice is a little lower at some points during the video, but all in all, I think he is going to make a GREAT Elmo! Make us proud, Ryan!!!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
If he wasn't visible, most of the time, you can't tell the difference! Ryan Dillon has surprised me as well as all of us. I hope he can sing well, too. It won't be the same without Kevin around, but I hope Ryan will do him proud.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
We still don't know for sure if he'll be Elmo's permanent performer or not. But if Sesame Workshop decides on him, I know he'll keep doing a great job.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, don't hate me, but I love how they were desperately trying to get the kid to like Elmo, lol. I mean sheesh, maybe the kid's an Oscar fan, leave him be! Lol :grouchy:

That said, Ryan did a very good job with the character. :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, don't hate me, but I love how they were desperately trying to get the kid to like Elmo, lol. I mean sheesh, maybe the kid's an Oscar fan, leave him be! Lol :grouchy:

That said, Ryan did a very good job with the character. :smile:
I think you're over-thinking it. I don't see any desperation, just animated interaction and a wonderful performance! The kid clearly had another favorite Muppet in mind. That's how it goes. I would have been looking for Oscar, Bird, Ernie or Cookie.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
For those of us who don't want to deal with reading the TMZ article.
!
Thanks, Bob. That's just what I was looking for. I'll just have to remember to take a look once I get home and am at a computer with sound. Lol.