Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'll say this. He does have the potential! Come to think of it, it's no different then when Steve Whitmire took over Kermit and how Eric Jacobson took over most of Frank Oz's characters.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What a great job Ryan! I'm liking what I see! The voice and character are right-on! We can only expect him to get better from here once he starts getting used to the character!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't believe I'm a normal person... :confused:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I do not think you could overstate the enormity of taking on a role like this, especially under difficult circumstances. I applaud Ryan for so fearlessly and cheerfully take the reins--and the Elmo--and breathing a new life into that charming little monster.
I wish him the best success and happiness and hope that he will be welcomed with all the affection that muppet fans are capable of--and none of the snarkiness.

Bridget

Reaction score
I just don't know what it is...

I mean I appreciate the extreme effort and courage of taking over the important and leading role of Elmo, it's just that for some strange reason I feel- scared?

I don't know. I think Ryan does an exceptional job of performing Elmo's voice and character, it's just that for some reason I feel doubtful of the switch of performers. Elmo was never really one of my "top" Muppets (not that I dislike him). But, now all of a sudden I kind of miss Kevin and the Muppet family feels just a wee bit empty without him!

Anyone else feel me?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not bad. I can see where the voice needs a little work, but it sounds like he's getting there. Plus it was probably hard to hear above everyone talking in the background, but Ryan does have potential. I look forward to hearing more of his :laugh: voice in the future.

I don't know. I think Ryan does an exceptional job of performing Elmo's voice and character, it's just that for some reason I feel doubtful of the switch of performers. Elmo was never really one of my "top" Muppets (not that I dislike him). But, now all of a sudden I kind of miss Kevin and the Muppet family feels just a wee bit empty without him!
Yeah. That's hard when any muppeteer leaves us especially when they perform such a popular character. We all felt that way when Jim passed away and Steve took over as Kermit. It's hard to get over the fact that the puppeteer is no longer with us. Of course, since Kevin is still alive, there is always a possibility of him returning in the future, but you know what I mean.

Animal31

Reaction score
I just don't know what it is...

I mean I appreciate the extreme effort and courage of taking over the important and leading role of Elmo, it's just that for some strange reason I feel- scared?

Anyone else feel me?
I know how you feel, to me, it's alot like when the Lone Ranger gave up his mask to another actor. We all know it had to be done, but seeing someone else behind the little red monster was kind of uneasy.

That being said, just focusing on Elmo, I thought he sounded great. Energy was there, mannerisms were spot on, I think as far as Sesame Street goes I think Ryan will do spectacular. As for live appearances, let's face it, alot of the improv that made THAT Elmo were Kevin. So in that sense this will be an entirely new Elmo, and how Ryan may do with that remains to be seen...

Erine81981

Reaction score
It was pretty spot on and hope to see more of this guy Ryan.

mo

Reaction score
I really do miss Kevin but this Ryan guy seems to be doing an okay job. Thinking about Kevin leaving Sesame Street still makes me sad but I think I could get used to this guy, maybe he'll do other characters too.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It sounds like the old 1980's Elmo, so I love this voice! :laugh: I'd love to see more of this voice! Well, I think it does. Anyone else hearing it? There's a lot of raspiness in the voice. :smile: