What Muppet Merchandise would you like to see come out this year

which obscure character would you like to see as a plush

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
If I am correct they are only avaible in the UK and Ireland and are not in the disney stores I found Statler and Waldorf on ebay and have ordered Statler
Ugh. I hate that Europe's getting more Muppet stuff. I just don't see how Statler and Waldorf wouldn't be big sellers here. Even people who barely know the Muppets know who those guys are. Not their names, granted...

Really. Disney dropped the ball by not expanding the plush line by at least 4 popular characters when the film came out on DVD last year. A Swedish Chef plush would sell itself.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
defently a video game and some Plush of scooter rowlf uncle deadly Constantine EM and whoever else is new in the muppet...again! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate that Europe's getting more Muppet stuff. I just don't see how Statler and Waldorf wouldn't be big sellers here. Even people who barely know the Muppets know who those guys are. Not their names, granted...

Really. Disney dropped the ball by not expanding the plush line by at least 4 popular characters when the film came out on DVD last year. A Swedish Chef plush would sell itself.
I would have to agree, Disney could of made more money (not that they need it) if they made more merchandise for the movie's release. Well at least we got a fantastic Walter plush.

More plush toys of more Muppet characters would be nice, Disney does make some amazing plush dolls. I would love a Rowlf and Janice one with that kind of quality.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I should put you in a chokehold for referring to Scooter and Rowlf as "obscure" characters:mad: , but I'm a forgiving person. Anywho, I wish they'd make an officially licensed replica of Scooter's jacket, a talking Hallmark ornament of Rowlf, and a 1:18 scale model (diecast metal or resin, I don't care which) of the USS Swinetrek, with the crew visible through the cockpit.
Not to attack the user whom made that poll, but I honestly wouldn't list any of those characters he listed as "obscure" in my personal viewpoint, "secondary characters" in the case of Sam the Eagle and the EM band mates fit fine, but "obscure" no not really. For me, Muppet characters that fill under the obscure banner would include the likes of the Flying Zucchini brothers, Angus McGonagle, Betsy Bird and, albeit by lesser extent that the ones I just mention, Lips could probably be listed there as well. Uncle Deadly was saved from obscurity thanks to his fairly big role in the last Muppets movie. A case could be made that Mahna Mahna and the Snowths are obscure characters, since they're really known for just one skit. But to me, obscure means characters only the more hardcore fans can mention by name, and since these characters do have quite a following, I can't even really consider them to be obscured.

Oh and how cool would a Mahna Mahna plush be?

And also sorry to double post, since I usually hate it when people do that, but I just wanted to put my two cents in on this issue.

PiggyScooter

Reaction score
I would love to see more Muppet Merchandise hit the stores this year, including some more plushies. By the looks of the new Muppets Most Wanted movie, Sam Eagle would probably be one of my best bets for plushies. A line of figures would be amazing, maybe bring back the Palisades? And I think a new video game would be cool too. Signed :mad::wink:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
By the looks of the new Muppets Most Wanted movie, Sam Eagle would probably be one of my best bets for plushies.
It is interesting that Disney has recently put out a Rowlf plush and not a Sam plush, when Sam is much more of a focal point in the movie than Rowlf. Perhaps Disney thought he wasn't enough of a well-known character to get his own plush even with the prominent role in the movie.