Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, they've migrated watch history into the feed format now.
That's great if you click on the wrong link or want to watch something privately.

Of course, that's if you can even watch the video the whole way through period.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
you can remove videos from your history, but then they just reappear again afterwards; I'm betting it's one of those problems that'll fix itself by the next day.
No such luck, that's still broken.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The watch history seems to be working for me now that I found it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've finally just had to completely clear out my entire history and put it on pause right now, because every single fricken thing that I watch keeps piling up in there, and they keep reappearing in the playlist, even after they've been removed individually... and knowing YT, it'll take forever to fix this goof.

Also, seriously, something about keywords does NOT work anymore: I did a search of most of the keywords I put in my latest upload, filtering each results by upload date, and it's not appearing in the results under any of the keywords that I've used.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Speaking of YouTube...does anyone know why the full episodes of "The Jim Henson Hour" have all been yanked off of YouTube? I figured it was some ownership thing...but for some reason "Dog City" and "Inner Tube" remain. The Storyteller series is gone, too (but can be found online elsewhere if you look hard enough). "Greek Myths" is still intact though.

Pity...I really wanted to check out those JHH episodes again. May is a great time to watch them. Anyone know a corner of the web where they still can be seen?

Like just about everyone here, I wish that this series was available on DVD, but because of all the different companies that own different characters, it isn't likely...kind of a Muppet Babies situation.

Sorry if I got off topic, but since is a main YouTube thread, just thought I'd ask.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know what I've noticed about youtube? Suddenly, half the videos aren't available on cell phones anymore. What's that all about?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of YouTube...does anyone know why the full episodes of "The Jim Henson Hour" have all been yanked off of YouTube? I figured it was some ownership thing...but for some reason "Dog City" and "Inner Tube" remain. The Storyteller series is gone, too (but can be found online elsewhere if you look hard enough). "Greek Myths" is still intact though.
When it comes to things like that, it's more or less a case of if the copyright holder finds out about it, but I don't necessarily think some companies out there go around looking for them.
You know what I've noticed about youtube? Suddenly, half the videos aren't available on cell phones anymore. What's that all about?
I dunno.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like Nintendo is starting to monetize YT videos of Let's Plays and uploaded music by putting ads up near them, collecting ad revenue in the process.
I hate to use bold but...

This is what all the companies should be doing! This is what Classic Media used to do... even United Media used to do it with Peanuts specials.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
To be fair, Nintendo is kinda hurting right now. The Wii U and the 3DS were both flops. Not so much like Virtual Boy flop, but they are flops by Nintendo standards. Apparently, they had to issue a statement telling people the Wii U is a standalone console because people thought it was an addon for the wii. Something is not right there :/