New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Greetings from Wisconsin!
I have loved the Muppets since first seeing them on Saturday Night Live, Sesame Street and, of course the Muppet Show and Movies.
I am currently about to build my first puppet and am going to model him on Skred - I'd love to know if his protruding shoulder bones and backbone are sculpted foam alone, or if they are hard. Are they covered with antron fleece?
Kent
I'm pretty sure it's sculpted from foam. I think it was either spray painted or just bare foam.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Greetings from Wisconsin!
I have loved the Muppets since first seeing them on Saturday Night Live, Sesame Street and, of course the Muppet Show and Movies.
I am currently about to build my first puppet and am going to model him on Skred - I'd love to know if his protruding shoulder bones and backbone are sculpted foam alone, or if they are hard. Are they covered with antron fleece?
Kent
Oh, Scred! I'm sorry, I always mistake him for another character. He is sculpted from foam, and it's covered with decorated fleece. Sorry about that.

Fiona1024

Reaction score
Hello friends ^^ Have you seen the new trailer of The Muppets most wanted looks great so far =)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hello friends ^^ Have you seen the new trailer of The Muppets most wanted looks great so far =)
Hi Fiona! Welcome to Muppet Central! I have seen The Muppets Most Wanted trailer and I thought it was really good. Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacoberson had a cameo in a scene, Scooter was doing the "Moves Like Jagger", and more. Wow!
Whose your favorite Muppet character?

MaikCanova

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Maikel and I'm a musical theatre performer (just graduated from my school here in Amsterdam) I love puppetry and I love all Henson's visions and creations. I see myself more as a Muppet than as a man and I love it xD
All the works of Henson are great inspiration for me, because I really want to work in the puppetry field in The Netherlands (and maybe beyond) besides Musical theatre and voice acting.

I would already like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the information everybody shared on Muppets and puppeteering. :big_grin:

I'm looking forward to hanging around here!

~Maikel Nieuwenhuis

Pepperlover2123

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Maikel and I'm a musical theatre performer (just graduated from my school here in Amsterdam) I love puppetry and I love all Henson's visions and creations. I see myself more as a Muppet than as a man and I love it xD
All the works of Henson are great inspiration for me, because I really want to work in the puppetry field in The Netherlands (and maybe beyond) besides Musical theatre and voice acting.

I would already like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the information everybody shared on Muppets and puppeteering. :big_grin:

I'm looking forward to hanging around here!

~Maikel Nieuwenhuis
Hi, and thank you!!! Welcome!!! :smile: We look forward to having you! :smile:

Linda36

Reaction score
Well I'm finally getting around to posting here! I signed up a year ago and I check in once in a while to catch up on the latest Muppet News. I've always been a huge fan of The Muppet Show and Sesame Street, as well as Jim Henson's 'extra' work, like "The Dark Crystal". I'm so attracted to Jim's style, his messages, his irony and his sense of humour.

I'm Linda. I'm 37 years old, and I live in Ontario, Canada. In personal muppet news, I have a Kermit the Frog tattoo. :smile:

cjd874

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Linda! We look forward to learning more about you and your Kermit tattoo. (I bet it makes your friends GREEN with envy! Wocka wocka wocka!)

Reaction score
Well, if the name isn't obvious enough...:wink:
As a huge fan of The Muppet Show, I've been visiting Muppet Central for the past two 1/2 years until I finally decided to become a member. Now I can join in on all the great conversations I've been reading during that time.
Top 7 Favorite Muppets? :smile::embarrassed::fanatic::concern::mad::sympathy::attitude:
Favorite Muppet Movies? TM, TMM, TGMC, MTM, MCC, MTI, MFS (We'll see where MMW will fall in the order)