Best TMS guest stars

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for Muppets Tonight, my fave would be the Martin Short episode (Especially Rizzo's running gag.... the payoff was hillarious)

Mainly because he played my favorite SNL character, Ed Grimley!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Lynda Carter---I can't believe no one's mentioned her yet.

You show me better sincere, believable, utterly natural chemistry with the Muppets.

You won't find much better.

Really!

You won't!

:cool:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I, for one, loved the Alice Cooper episode. They really played off Alice's shock-rock image. Three great Alice Cooper songs (including my favorite, "School's Out"), the irony of Robin singing "Over The Rainbow", and my favorite part of the show, the UK spot "Once-A-Year Day!" (a great song from a great musical, "The Pajama Game"), if anything, so we can see Boppity and Thog again. (Note: Richard also used that voice for Boppity in that one episode of "The Cosby Show"...or was it David Rudman? He was on board by that time.)

John Cleese. 'Nuff said.

Connie Stevens--especially seeing Bert & Ernie out of their natural element.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Lynda Carter---I can't believe no one's mentioned her yet.
I like that episode too, although it's been ages since I've seen it.

Actually it's been *AGES* since I've seen anything Muppety (not counting the episode of Sesame Street that I watched today). Stupid work and school...

:grouchy:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Here's who I consider to have been the best Muppet Show guests:

* Harry Belafonte
* Edgar Bergan & Charlie McCarthy
* Carol Burnett
* Johnny Cash
* John Cleese
* John Denver
* Sandy Duncan
* Lena Horne
* Elton John
* Rich Little
* Steve Martin
* Roger Moore
* Zero Mostel
* Vincent Price
* Gilda Radner
* Christopher Reeve
* Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
* Peter Sellers
* Paul Simon

BTW, the reruns are coming back to TV Sept. 1 in Toronto, on Crossroads TV (CTS, Cable 9). Yay! :smile:

EmmyMik said:
I like that episode too, although it's been ages since I've seen it.

Actually it's been *AGES* since I've seen anything Muppety (not counting the episode of Sesame Street that I watched today). Stupid work and school...

:grouchy:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder re. Andrews, Burns, Coburn, Feldman, Kahn, Moreno and Peters... add them to my "best" list! :smile:

dbarrie

Reaction score
A sad postscript

I read on a TMS fan site that Mostel did not live to see his ep. air (he died about a month before that, in 1977).

dbarrie

Reaction score
I thought the ep. w/ Hal Linden was the last one. That's what's suggested in my book about Jim Henson. All the guests' photos appear to be arranged in order. Can you please clarify this for me?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I finally bought the Paul Simon episode of TMS a couple months ago, and it's fantastic! I think it's really great that they devoted a whole show to his music. I think the one thing that struck me the most about him in this episode was how quiet he was. He seemed incredibly low-key, and at times I even had to turn the volume up to hear what he was saying. I guess it just goes with his contemplative persona.

I LOVE that opening gag: "50 ways to love your lever." Cracked me up!!! :crazy:
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah Erin, Paul's show is a terrific one!

I looove Janice & Floyd's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" (of course, lol! :flirt: ), but all the songs are so great! I love the opener, and the "rock"in' closer, lol. :smile: