Best TMS guest stars

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
My fave episode is Elton John, Diana Ross and Mark Hamill. Favourite overall is Diana Ross because of "Beaker's Solo" which I thought was just fabulous!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
My favourites are Avery Schrieber(didn't he once appear with Kermit on a segment of Sesame Street?),Elton John,George Burns,Harry Belafonte(his closing musical number was sheer joy),Jean Stapleton(For me it's always kind of fun seeing her in a role other than Edith Bunker),Mark Hamill,Connie Stevens and Gene Kelly.

jrhzoot

Reaction score
Teresa Brewer

I always liked Teresa Brewer's episode. All of her songs were fun and I loved the recurring weight issue with Piggy. Also, it was one of the best At The Dance sketches ever.

Some side notes of favorite, would have to be
Shields & Yarnell (a favorite from when I was younger)
James Coco
Glenda Jackson (loved the pirate theme)
Leslie Uggams (Miss piggy interacting with Big Bird was hilarious!)
Madeline Kahn (love the feet number)
Christopher Reeve
Carol Burnett (so funny- a dance marathon and Carol being forced to pair up with Animal)
Elton John

BEAR

Reaction score
LadyHyde said:
I'll go with "Muppets Tonight", as usual.

Dennis Quaid-Gotta love that "Dragonheart" parody with Kermit.

Heather Locklear-Funny, funny stuff. "You know who doesn't get enough credit? The Osmonds!"

Billy Crystal-And the "City Slickers" Parody was great, too.

I don't recall the Billy Crystal episode. He is one of my all time favorite performers and City Slickers is my favorite movie. Would you mind filling me in on the details of the episode? Also, City Slickers was done in the '90s, I didn't think they were still making The Muppet Show then.

zootlove

Reaction score
Oh' I would have to pick the one with Gilda Radner. It was hilariouos watching her get stuck to everything because of Benson's super glue stuff. It was also hilarious watching Rowlf's fingers getting stuck to the piano keys and Zoot's sax getting stuck in his moouth. I could hardly breath from all of the laughing. :cool:

That Announcer

Reaction score
The best guest star was Mark Hamill. The best EPISODE was the Gene Kelly episode.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I haven't seen many episodes of the Muppet Show recently, but the ones that stick out are the Steve Martin one and the Mark Hamill one (yay STAR WARS! :big_grin: )

MrsPepper

Reaction score
BEAR, LadyHyde was talking about "Muppets Tonight", which was made in the 90's.

Right. Noone has mentioned these yet, so I guess I'm one of the few who likes them, but my two favourite episodes are with Sylvester Stallone, and Kenny Rogers. :embarrassed: Mind you, I haven't seen very many episodes, but of the ones I've seen, these one's stick out in my mind.

My reasons for Kenny Rogers: "Lime in the Coconut" sketch, "The Gambler" sketch on the train (I love that song, and I love how they did it in the sketch), and the hilarious "Veterinarian's Hospital" in this sketch > this one's a classic.
Rowlf: "Nurse Piggy, you cannot let your personal feelings affect your duty. You are a nurse."
Piggy: “I may be a nurse, but I’m a woman first!”
Rowlf: “Wrong, you’re a pig first. Nurse second, I don’t think woman made the top ten!”

My reasons for Sylvester Stallone: I never knew he could sing ("She's only a bird, in a GIIIIILDED CAAGE"), and I loved the whole idea of the groupies following him around. And the scene with the lion, and he's a gladiator? That's awesome!

P

Princeton

Here's my list

Paul Williams- I can honestly say that his was the ep that I anticipated the most from the Season 1 box set; naturally, the writers and Williams himself did not disapoint. Also noteworthy: the debut of Muppet Labs; love the All-Purpose Tenderizer, easily the best ML ever!

Bruce Forsyth- I liked how he came through for Fozzie and they shared a very harmonious and show-stopping duet. Very glad to see that Forsyth did something other than "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".

Twiggy- Very good actress, but most of all, completely sizzlin' as the Dairymaid in the A.A.Milne poem.

More will come as I think of them.

That Announcer

Reaction score
These are my seven favorites. (Why? Five was too few, and ten was too many.)

1) Elton John. A personal favorite singer of mine, and his episode did not disappoint.

2) Paul Williams. This episode launched Paul's career with the Muppets, which represents his best work (IMHO). His episode is fantastic, too. The classic Beautiful Day Monster sketch is deservedly hyped.

3) Rudolf Nureyev. For starters, Sam features heavily here, so that's a big plus. For another thing, it features my favorite EM sketch ("Minuet in G Major"). Lastly, the finale is my favorite finale. Great episode.

4) Brooke Shields. Seriously though, this was great. Whitmire's rabbit delivered my all-time favorite Muppet Show quote ("Look, buddy. Either ya tell me where the rabbit hole is, or I tear your head off."), and the Alice in Wonderland theme played out well enough.

5) Mark Hamill. The Muppets and Star Wars were apparently a good mix. This featured my second-favorite Pigs in Space ("Who's your tailor? I love that outfit!"), and Angus McGonagall is genius.

6) Gene Kelly. How can you go wrong with an episode heavily featuring Beauregard, an end-of-the-world motif, some great musical numbers, the best Pigs in Space ever ("What, miss dinner? Why, they're having swill stroganoff!"), AND one that features the first and last appearance of my namesake character? You can't.

7) Paul Simon. Let's see here. A wonderful singer who really appeared to kick around the set and enjoy the Muppets more than most guest stars; "50 Ways to Leave your Lover" performed by Floyd, Janice and Rizzo; Gonzo attempting "El Condor Pasa" and subsequently getting his chickens stolen; talking asparagus... excellento.