What sketches scared you as a kid?

HarveyK

Reaction score
Larger than Life

They were creepy because they were giant size and swarming poor Kermit! I remember the cute little ones that lived in Ernie's window box. "Let's fly to the zoo!" Weren't the ones in the Kermit skit just gigantic? Another funny/scary one-Farley was playing a game like "I wonder what would happen if" and then he said something about a monster coming through the door and then Cookie came in and Farley ran away leaving an imprint in the wall. As always, sketchy description, but I'm just sorting with those crazy childhood memories and loving it!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
Another funny/scary one-Farley was playing a game like "I wonder what would happen if" and then he said something about a monster coming through the door and then Cookie came in and Farley ran away leaving an imprint in the wall.
Actually, it was Herry (who had a blue nose back then), who wanted Farley to come and play with his dollies (LOL).

Teankun

Reaction score
in the Big, Biggr, Biggest forum I was remined of one skit that scared me whem Ernie was tapping rocks but one was a monster's head.

this is simular one I remembered before I saw that post:
a girl walks past what seems to be a small picket fence. she play fully draggs a stick accross the fence making clicking sounds. Then it is reaveiled that the fence is actually the lower teeth of a giant monster Muppet. The girl ran off in fright, although I was afraid the monster would eat her.

Xerus

Reaction score
Teankun said:
in the Big, Biggr, Biggest forum I was remined of one skit that scared me whem Ernie was tapping rocks but one was a monster's head.

this is simular one I remembered before I saw that post:
a girl walks past what seems to be a small picket fence. she play fully draggs a stick accross the fence making clicking sounds. Then it is reaveiled that the fence is actually the lower teeth of a giant monster Muppet. The girl ran off in fright, although I was afraid the monster would eat her.
Here's how the skit actually went. The girl saw the picket fence and dragged the stick acrossed it. And she counted seven posts. And then counted the posts backwards. Then counted fowards again. Then the huge scary grass monster rose showing that fence was his bottom teeth and was pretty mad. Then the little girl made an even scarier growl, causing the monster to run away. Then the girl replies, "SEVEN!"

Teankun

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. The monster still freaked me out.

Frogster

Reaction score
Has anyone posted "King of Eights" as a scary skit? Oh, I couldn't watch that until I was 11 years old! I think it was a claymation sketch, and I remember hearing Jim's voice in it somewhere... anyone else agree?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yes, Jim Henson Plays The King When You Hear His Voice While The King Opens His Mouth! :smile: :big_grin: