And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
Speaking of the removal of statues:
Watching the lady in Durham, NC climbing the Robert E. Lee statue.
Suppose she fell. Whose fault would that be?
Hers?
The police (who were standing by, but did nothing)?
Or would Trump get blamed for that? And if so, how?

The cops were in a catch-22. If they moved in and tried to stop anything, it's Racist Cop Time again. Police not doing their job right.
Can't have that.
But if the statue fell on somebody, where were the cops to protect the public? Police not doing their job right. Can't have that.

I can see why Confederate statues or monuments of the Founding Fathers get people upset (slave owning white racist pigs!)

We don't need anything glorifying slavery, but ignoring history or pretending it never existed isn't right either.
We can never learn from the past if we just forget it.
Does learning history require having statues of every historic figure that ever existed on all sides? I don't know about others, but I learned about the Civil War from history books, not statues.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I mean, people like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson are, in my mind, heroes, despite fighting for the 'wrong' side I guess you'd call it. Leave their statues alone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So will people get this upset when Trump is having statues removed for coal mines and crap like that?

Censored

Reaction score
I mean, people like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson are, in my mind, heroes, despite fighting for the 'wrong' side I guess you'd call it. Leave their statues alone.
So what about people in WWII who were fighting for the wrong side?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So what about people in WWII who were fighting for the wrong side?
Well, in Germany, they've made the Nazi salute, proclaiming, "Heil, Hitler!" and swastikas illegal. In fact, German dubs of HOGAN'S HEROES replace all utterances of "Heil, Hitler!" with "How high is your corn?"

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Does learning history require having statues of every historic figure that ever existed on all sides? I don't know about others, but I learned about the Civil War from history books, not statues.
Agreed. You don't see statues of Nazi figures in Germany. And yet we remember their atrocities.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now Trump supporters are trying to lump in Black Lives Matter with other hate groups, why? Because they're dumb and racist.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So now Trump supporters are trying to lump in Black Lives Matter with other hate groups, why? Because they're dumb and racist.
They probably see a few BLM supporters doing hateful things and then labeled the whole BLM movement as a hate group based on that. That is dumb to generalize like that. At least nobody on here does that.

Last edited: