Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
...I'm doing that too...except I don't have any friends to bring.

:frown:

:halo:
I'll be your friend! But since I cannot be there and here at the same time, I must go with you in spirit.

Be sure to buy my spirit something. My spirit hates feeling left out...

:wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm SURE Barnes & Noble has muffins. My spirit will buy some for yours. Unless my spirit gets hungry. Then your spirit is on its own.

No wonder I don't have any friends!

:zany: :zany: :zany:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I'm SURE Barnes & Noble has muffins. :zany: :zany: :zany:
...actually.. i think Barnes & Noble stopped stocking/carrying muffins :eek: (yes i know. tragic) seems the closest muffiny food you will find would be a scone. but all a scone really is, is a more floury muffin

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Green Gelfling
...actually.. i think Barnes & Noble stopped stocking/carrying muffins
Ruh-Roh....

:boo:
:attitude:
:grouchy:
:cry:

...then again, if I didn't know that, it's not that big a deal, eh?

wolfy

Reaction score
Nyah, nyah...our B&N has a coffee shop that carries muffins! I'm going for the blueberry kind, if I can make it there before the crowd eats them all...

As for what does one think of JKRowling...

Personally, I think she is a remarkable woman. She wishes to keep her personal life personal, thus the reluctance to speak much to interviewers, and the fact that she was so down on her luck that she (in America) would be considered a "welfare mom" who brought herself and her child up to the class of wealth and dignity that she has done, as well as remarrying and having another child, all while writing, marketing and making movies, toys and other items about a little boy called "Harry Potter," well...I think this woman definitely deserves the word "GENIUS" behind her name.

If not, then I think "One HECK of a Mom, Writer and Businesswoman" would work, too...

And as for not reading the books doing me any kind of disservice...well, I might read them afterward. Really, I don't wish to do it. There are just some things I'm not horribly interested in, and right now the "Harry Potter" books aren't on the top of my list to read. Oh, the kids can read them, and I'll definitely go to the movies with them, but I think I can wait to read the books...I do that a lot. I mean, I am only now reading "Centennial," which was a big hit in the late-70s, early-80s, and I am enjoying the heck out of it...

But I would never deprive my kids of any of the books they hope to read. Never. We are more "library" and "book" people here than most in our town. Never thought I'd see the day when someone asks me, "Why do you read so much?" But it happens here...a LOT...to my kids, hubby and me. Guess they aren't used to reading...?
wolfy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Ok, regarding the rumor of no Oliver in the third movie, as I'm rereading book 3 I just don't see how that is possible! There is more Quidditch in this one than the others and his part is much bigger! I'm not saying that his part is integral to the story but I'd say the Quidditch parts definitely are.

Jonathan

Reaction score
NO OLIVER WOOD THIS IS TRAJECT HE PLAYS A BIG ROLE IN THE 3 BOOK!!!!!!!HOW CAN YOU HAVE HARRY WINNING THE HOUSE CUP WITH OUT OLIVER :concern: :eek: :sympathy: :cry:

wolfy

Reaction score
According to an interview with Rowling, she cried when this character died.

Hey, it's not Hagrid, is it? I'd hate to see him go...he's my favorite!
wolfy