1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER. I CANT WAIT TILL 6-21-03!!!!! 16 MORE DAYS IS TO LONG!!!!!!!!:mad:
  2. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

Cool another Harry Potter fan!!!

I know i cant wait either!!! I'm planing on sitting out side the book store all night!

Hey, which one was your fave. book so far?
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Im doing that to:)
  4. wolfy

wolfy Member

Slap me dead, I have never read the books, but I have seen the movies.

Also, I have ordered TWO copies of the new book (one for the boys, and one for my hubby) because by the time my oldest reads the book the youngest is clamoring for it and the hubby is screaming for the oldest to get done reading it, too, so HE can read it, so HOPEFULLY this will settle things a bit...

Will I read this one?

I don't know...I'm reading "Centennial" right now...I love that one!
    wolfy
  5. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

you HAVE to read the books!!!! they are sooooo great. my personal fav. is the third. i cryed at the end!!

When your hubby and kids get finished you should go back and read them all! my sis's boyfriend (21 years old;)) lent me the books over X-mass vacation last year. i read them all in less than 2 weeks! I love the Harry Potter books!

No i'm not obsessed, just passionate.
  6. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I'm sooooo excited that this book is finally coming out! I haven't pre-ordered it, but I plan to be in line for the grand release! We pre-ordered the fourth book and it accidentally wound up at my grandparents' house, so I didn't get it until almost a month later... :( I won't let that happen again!!!!
    Erin
  7. Joe

Joe New Member

should've pre-ordered at Barnes and Noble, no money down and it pretty much guarantees that you'll get one (to late now though, as they're already shipping the books to stores)

I want it now!

of course it wouldn't be fair for everyone else if I got it now, my problem is that midnight on the 21st is five hours earlier in London than it is here, they get a head start :p :zany:
  8. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

That's what I did last time, and it wound up turning into this big fiasco. For some reason my family has really bad luck with online ordering. Whenever I can, I just go for getting things in person.
    Erin
  9. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

i dont trust the pre-ordering stuff down here. for some reason it never comes untill 2 months after it was going to.
  10. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

My uncle (who introduced me to the books) preordered a copy for me and my brother for our birthdays. So while that is great, I don't know when we will see them to actually get the book! But I absolutely can not wait. I've been re-reading the first four in preparation and I'm so excited!!:excited:

Wolfy-You must must must read them. My best friend and I wouldn't even let our other friend watch the first movie with us until she read the book! While the movies are great, they just can't include everything. The books are just soooo good!!:D (The big plus for the movies of course is the personification of Oliver, heehee!)

My favorite is also the third one. I just love the whole Patronus thing, it makes me cry too!
  11. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

i know! i was soooo diapointed in the 1st one, but the 2nd one didn't leave out as much as the first.

I LOVE OLIVER!!!! HE IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!:flirt:

and i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who gets emotional over these things!;)
  12. Green Gelfling

Green Gelfling New Member

if you all love Oliver...then you should check out
    www.mugglenet.com
    near the top of the page is a link to "save oliver"..there is some talk that he may not be written into P.O.A. but that was as of a few weeks ago.

personally...i can't wait for book 5...but i don't want to stand in line with a buch of pushy parents/kids in my area. i'll wait about 3 days to get my copy
  13. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

i dont think he'll be written in book 5 b/c he graduated from Hogwarts inthe last book. remember how he wanted to win the championship b/c it was his last year. isnt that right? :confused:

anyway i'll just enjoy getting the movie on DVD and pause the parts w/him in it and staring at it for 20 minutes or so.:D

oh that will be heaven:flirt:

(hehehe;) )
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The first film actually left something out? I thought it was one of the most bloated and overdone movies of that year. I enjoyed it, but felt they should have snipped 20 minutes out of it for the non-die hard fans. My butt fell asleep in the film and the friend I went with was so bored he was crawling the walls. That was actually more entertaining than the film. Adaptations should always have a life of their own aside from the book. Try too hard and it will be a mess. However, the second film was great. I was very impressed. I am looking forward to the next film. I'm not sure about reading the books. I just might some day. So there's one book left after this one. right?
  15. wockawocka

wockawocka New Member

Yeah, the third one is the best to me. It's sooo good! I can't wait to see how they're actually going to make the third one because it'll be weird with all of the animal transformations and stuff. But I'm not as big a fan as some of you. I don't get the point of waiting outside a bookstore all night just to get one of the first copies of the book right away. You already waited so long... what's another few days?
  16. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

to frogboy: yeah the 1st movie left out alot. to me , it seems that a person needs to read the books to realy like the movies. and if you dont, thats cool. its just not your thing.

and as to your question about the book, there are supposed to be 7 in all. so there are 2 more after this one.

to wockawoka: there realy is no point on waiting outside a book store other than you just want to. or there might be a great chance that the books will be sold out before you get another chance to get go back to the store. its just one of those things that we weird poeple like to do in our spare time.:D
  17. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

It's just like every book to movie adaptation, there's no way to get everything in. And that's even more the case for HP as the books get longer and longer and longer. There are just so many details that can only be expressed in writing that you miss out on if you just see the movies. But overall I think the movies were very true to the storylines of the two books. It was just that they only had the time to hit the big plot points which is fine, because like Jamie said, it would be a mess if they tried too hard. It wasn't like some movies that completely change parts of the story for no apparant reason.... as some of the other epic films of late have done.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

A film should stand apart. It should be different and have the same spirit. There's a reason why the average film script is only 110 double spaced pages. A film can never be the book because half of it relies on the reader's imagination. The first film just felt forced. Like they were trying too hard to be the book and it really ended up neutralizing it for everybody. It's just bad filmmaking to try to be a Xerox image of the book. Taking off my film theory hat now. :)
  19. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

:) point taken and considered. oh well, i cant win them all! ;)
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

When I was a kid and saw To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time, I was enraged. I totally hated the film because it was nothing like the book. As I got older, I realized that was a good thing. Both had the same spirit, but because they are different mediums, they cannot be the same. Nor should they be. If they were, one would only be an alternative to the other instead of being a complimentary part. To capture an entire book you'd need a miniseries, but don't get me started on those. LOL!

How many pages are the Potter books? I hope the third film is more like the last one. It zipped right by even though it was longer than the first. Good pacing.