Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
While the movies are great, they just can't include everything. The books are just soooo good!!:big_grin: (The big plus for the movies of course is the personification of Oliver, heehee!)

My favorite is also the third one. I just love the whole Patronus thing, it makes me cry too!
i know! i was soooo diapointed in the 1st one, but the 2nd one didn't leave out as much as the first.

I LOVE OLIVER!!!! HE IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!:flirt:

and i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who gets emotional over these things!:wink:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
if you all love Oliver...then you should check out
www.mugglenet.com
near the top of the page is a link to "save oliver"..there is some talk that he may not be written into P.O.A. but that was as of a few weeks ago.

personally...i can't wait for book 5...but i don't want to stand in line with a buch of pushy parents/kids in my area. i'll wait about 3 days to get my copy

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i dont think he'll be written in book 5 b/c he graduated from Hogwarts inthe last book. remember how he wanted to win the championship b/c it was his last year. isnt that right? :confused:

anyway i'll just enjoy getting the movie on DVD and pause the parts w/him in it and staring at it for 20 minutes or so.:big_grin:

oh that will be heaven:flirt:

(hehehe:wink: )

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The first film actually left something out? I thought it was one of the most bloated and overdone movies of that year. I enjoyed it, but felt they should have snipped 20 minutes out of it for the non-die hard fans. My butt fell asleep in the film and the friend I went with was so bored he was crawling the walls. That was actually more entertaining than the film. Adaptations should always have a life of their own aside from the book. Try too hard and it will be a mess. However, the second film was great. I was very impressed. I am looking forward to the next film. I'm not sure about reading the books. I just might some day. So there's one book left after this one. right?

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yeah, the third one is the best to me. It's sooo good! I can't wait to see how they're actually going to make the third one because it'll be weird with all of the animal transformations and stuff. But I'm not as big a fan as some of you. I don't get the point of waiting outside a bookstore all night just to get one of the first copies of the book right away. You already waited so long... what's another few days?

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
to frogboy: yeah the 1st movie left out alot. to me , it seems that a person needs to read the books to realy like the movies. and if you dont, thats cool. its just not your thing.

and as to your question about the book, there are supposed to be 7 in all. so there are 2 more after this one.

to wockawoka: there realy is no point on waiting outside a book store other than you just want to. or there might be a great chance that the books will be sold out before you get another chance to get go back to the store. its just one of those things that we weird poeple like to do in our spare time.:big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The first film actually left something out? I thought it was one of the most bloated and overdone movies of that year. I enjoyed it, but felt they should have snipped 20 minutes out of it for the non-die hard fans. My butt fell asleep in the film and the friend I went with was so bored he was crawling the walls. That was actually more entertaining than the film. Adaptations should always have a life of their own aside from the book. Try too hard and it will be a mess.
It's just like every book to movie adaptation, there's no way to get everything in. And that's even more the case for HP as the books get longer and longer and longer. There are just so many details that can only be expressed in writing that you miss out on if you just see the movies. But overall I think the movies were very true to the storylines of the two books. It was just that they only had the time to hit the big plot points which is fine, because like Jamie said, it would be a mess if they tried too hard. It wasn't like some movies that completely change parts of the story for no apparant reason.... as some of the other epic films of late have done.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DramaQueen86
yeah the 1st movie left out a lot. To me, it seems that a person needs to read the books to really like the movies. And if you don’t, that’s cool. It’s just not your thing.
A film should stand apart. It should be different and have the same spirit. There's a reason why the average film script is only 110 double spaced pages. A film can never be the book because half of it relies on the reader's imagination. The first film just felt forced. Like they were trying too hard to be the book and it really ended up neutralizing it for everybody. It's just bad filmmaking to try to be a Xerox image of the book. Taking off my film theory hat now. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid and saw To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time, I was enraged. I totally hated the film because it was nothing like the book. As I got older, I realized that was a good thing. Both had the same spirit, but because they are different mediums, they cannot be the same. Nor should they be. If they were, one would only be an alternative to the other instead of being a complimentary part. To capture an entire book you'd need a miniseries, but don't get me started on those. LOL!

How many pages are the Potter books? I hope the third film is more like the last one. It zipped right by even though it was longer than the first. Good pacing.