Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

puppets_etc

Reaction score
I ordered it from Amazon.com, and they gave me a complimentary shipping upgrade, so I should have it in my hot little hands by noon tommorrow at home, no standing in line to buy it! I have already read the others probably 3 times each :embarrassed:

Deb :flirt:

SamEagle 000

Reaction score
I'm also a big Harry Potter Fan!! I've read and own all four books! I can't wait! I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Some one told me that on the internet the were looking at stuff on the new Harry Potter book. It said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A person will die in the new Harry Potter book.

HINT: I shouldn't have said that.
Who always says"I shouldn't have said that."

Hagrid!!!

This may not be true! Someone just told me this!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Noooo!!!! It better not be true!!!! :eek: I LOVE Hagrid! I will be so upset if she kills him off... :boo:
Erin

SamEagle 000 said:
I'm also a big Harry Potter Fan!! I've read and own all four books! I can't wait! I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Some one told me that on the internet the were looking at stuff on the new Harry Potter book. It said:
A person will die in the new Harry Potter book.

HINT: I shouldn't have said that.
Who always says"I shouldn't have said that."

Hagrid!!!

This may not be true! Someone just told me this!

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Don't spoil it! I know for a fact she does lose one of the main characters, but she didn't say who in an article I read. I hope it's not Hagrid, but I can't think of one single main character that I would want gone, either. So lets just read and find out.

Sorry, getting off my soapbox now..... :embarrassed:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
puppets_etc said:
Don't spoil it! I know for a fact she does lose one of the main characters, but she didn't say who in an article I read. I hope it's not Hagrid, but I can't think of one single main character that I would want gone, either. So lets just read and find out.

Sorry, getting off my soapbox now..... :embarrassed:
I know who it is. Haven't read the book yet, but some author (read: lackwit) at Fanfiction.Net (also called the Pit of Voles) posted a "fic" up that blatently identified the character who dies in OotP. This person literally inserted themselves in their "story" and shouted the name in all caps.

I reported it. I hope it gets taken down. If we want to know, we'll read the book for ourselves, thanks (or else get friends to spoil for us :big_grin:)

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
I know who it is. Haven't read the book yet, but some author (read: lackwit) at Fanfiction.Net (also called the Pit of Voles) posted a "fic" up that blatently identified the character who dies in OotP. This person literally inserted themselves in their "story" and shouted the name in all caps.

I reported it. I hope it gets taken down. If we want to know, we'll read the book for ourselves, thanks (or else get friends to spoil for us :big_grin:)

-Kim
Man, that's really lousy. I'd be pretty steamed about that. Spoilers are no fun!!!! :grouchy:
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I got home from work this afternoon and my aunt and uncle were waiting for me with our copies as belated birthday presents. It's already so good and I'm only about 3 chapters in!!! :excited: :excited:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I went to a Midnight Party at my local Barns & Noble bookstore. It was a blast! I actually knew quite a few people there (some were in my classes, and others were my professors!), I loved all of the costumes (someone dressed up as Professor Sprout. Awesome costume), and just the general chatter and speculation (I would wonder around the bookstore, and in every corner people were discussing the rumors and their favorite characters). It was a wonderful atmosphere. And then... it was midnight! I was one of the first people to get my line number (yay me!), so I could quickly get in line to get my book. That is, if I could find the line. There was no visible difference between people waiting to have their number called, and the people whose number was already called. So I spent about 10 minutes just looking for the darn line. But by 12:15, I had my book, and I was on my way home.

Now I am halfway through the thing. It's awesome (don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything). I'm going to have to read it again. For one, I have to read the books twice to let everything sink in (the moment I first finished Goblet of Fire, I went straight back to the beginning to read everything). Secondly, I don't think it's dawned on me that this is actually the next book, and not a well-written fan fiction.

Anyway, happy reading to those who have it (or are getting it)!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I am not very savvy when it comes to these matters, and I didn't pre-register. We went to Borders and they only had enough copies for those who registered, so we went to Barnes and Noble. There were about 400 people in line ahead of us! So it was almost 1 before I got the book, but I did get it! And I didn't mind so much, because I nursed a root beer in the coffee shop while reading the article about Clay Aiken in the "Rolling Stone," so it all worked out. I'm only on the second chapter, and my restraint is surprising me. I figured I'd be at least a hundred pages into it by now, but I'm making an effort to savor it. Who know how long I'll have to wait for the next one? I better not take too long, though, because when I'm done I have to read it to my brother. He's a ninth grader and perfectly capable of reading it himself, but he says it's just so much more fun with me doing all the voices and everything... :stick_out_tongue: Not sure if my voice will agree after 900 pages, but oh well!!
Erin