New Muppet Babies Stuff

Luke

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
The babies will probably go over well with this demographic.
I doubt that, i think it's too late in the day, the bubble for the teen nostalgia thing will burst very soon. If they were gonna make this move they should have done it ages ago. I can't see the kids taking to it either unless they re-do the cartoon and gear it more towards todays youth.

I think it'll all do so-so, nothing spectacular, about the same impact as the Hot Topic Muppet stuff. It'll be a bit of extra money in the bank though so thats a plus at least.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Dont worry. I think this is one of the Beanies from the License.

They will also release larger plush (hopefully more detail) with a video.

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
FozzieBear said:
eeeeewwww that thing is hideous!! Why cant they just stick to the old style looking ones!! I WANT A BABY FOZZIE!!!

FozzieBear (Luke)

It's much better looking than the Hasbro Baby Piggy plush... I wish Mom got me Animal or Gonzo in stead that year... I was really young... I still have my Baby Fozzie... Baby Rowlf is MIA...

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's much better looking than the Hasbro Baby Piggy plush... I wish Mom got me Animal or Gonzo in stead that year... I was really young... I still have my Baby Fozzie... Baby Rowlf is MIA...
I dunno...I thought the Hasbro baby Piggy was adorable!:smile:

I recently gave all my Muppet Babies away to my friend who's a huge Muppet fan and wants to restore them. The only one I have left though is my Baby Rowlf that I got off ebay a couple of years ago..he was from England and looks like he did on the show!:smile: I'm not about to let that little one go!:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah this is a very bad move by Henson I think. As Luke said, JHC is looking to push the Muppets as being viable, hip, psuedo edgy...
so why in the world would anyone want to wear garb depicting what most consider not the brightest moment in Muppet canon history.
Now a lot of people would think wearing a Muppet anything would be silly, but I truly cannot imagine a grown person wearing naything Muppet Babies related.

Now I truly believe Muppet Babies was ont he greatest shows of the 80's...while it certainly is not anywhere near Muppet canon, it was really such an amazing show...heck I was still watching the nick jr. reruns in the late 90's. But you know...why all this effort into a MB comeback when that could be spent on a Fraggle Rock comeback.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i am also more of the persuasion that if they were going to relaunch something for pre-school then Fraggle would have had the best chance of a 'hit' but then i also think they would have had to remake Fraggle completely, as even todays puppet shows are so different in style. If kids aren't used to a style, they won't watch. Remaking Fraggle would have cost so much, they would have probably still had the whole stigma of it being nostalgia (not sure if nostalgic stuff really does work on a pre-school level too - not seen any real examples of that) and i'm sure us guys wouldn't have liked it. Then you got Muppet Babies, unless they are remaking the show, it'll still look a bit different to usual kids fodder but re-running an old show isn't going to cost and it has the added bonus of getting kids interested in the Muppet characters so i can see why they made the choice (if it was them that made it) given their current situation.

I think personally they should leave the nostalgia to the adults and just come up with some new original pre-school ideas. Hoobs was a brilliant example of a good pre-school puppet show for todays youth, and i think was inspired a lot by Fraggle anyway. Using elements of the old shows rather than re-making them seems to work better. Moppatop and Construction Site both show what Henson can still do very well in the kids market - could it be that the USA side of Henson are lacking ideas and creativity while the UK side has been really buzzing up until very recently ? In the U.S they haven't had a hit since 'Bear' and have gone way too far down the road of thinking 'Education First, Fun Second' by doing 'Animal Jam' and it's just not what the kids want.