New Muppet Babies Stuff

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
Ill be happy if we get some nice new Plushes, I loved the older plushes, But new ones of Scooter, Skeeter, Bunsen and Beaker wouldn be great !
Yeah it looks like the regular plushes will hit first for the teens and nostalgic people at Hot Topic and small stores like that, websites etc. What i don't get is the whole 'Mass Market For Pre-Schoolers' thing with tons of new products like it was the 'Teletubbies' or something . I mean aside from the international markets none of these little kids have even seen Muppet Babies let alone want books and puzzles and things. Maybe the video with the plush is a teaser and the late 2004 release date on that stuff is geared towards them getting the show back on air or even *gasp* going into production and making new episodes. You wouldn't do a mass TV ad campaign if there wasn't a show on air for the kids to relate to and wasn't Brian Henson talking about exploring animation again ?. I think we'll hear next week.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I hope that when they speak of Muppet Babies it's not just the main five :smile: :mad: :concern: :embarrassed: :halo:

I mean with Muppet Babies you only have ten characters to choose from, the five mentioned above plus Rowlf, Scooter, Skeeter, Bunsen & Beaker (Bean Bunny & Janice?) so it's not like they should limit themselves with the characters they do as they do (or use to do) with the actual Muppets since there are so many.

I wonder if/when they make a new Muppet Babie show if they'll keep to the original or add some extras, I can see Baby Pepe merchandise everywhere even if a new show including him isn't produced.

beaker

Reaction score
Heck yeah! Thank goodness JHC remembers Muppet Babies...
even at 7 I *knew* it was *seperate* from Muppet Show canon but I loved it. It was part of the magic of *my* 80's...and Im so glad people remember. Some say oh it 'babyfied' the perception...I say no way for me...seperate canon, but fileld with imagination, wonder, and all that great stuff.

Lets just hope JHC revives that other imaginative song filled wonderment: Fraggle Rock! ^_^;;

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes I saw that female tank top at a hot topic like back in April so it's been out, with more to come now! Now would be the time to bring this stuff back with the Care Bears and Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles coming back, everything comes back sooner or later, it's just a mater of time. It's a small word.:smile:

zack)Rowlf the, okay now lets get that Pac Attack craze going again, this new Pac Man sweatband and then tee-shirts for women only dosen't do it for me!Dog.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Now would be the time to bring this stuff back with the Care Bears and Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles coming back, everything comes back sooner or later, it's just a mater of time. It's a small word.:smile:
Well, the TMNT revival Im excited about at least...tho not everything from the 80's, I concede, was glorious:wink:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yeah, with all their supposed push back towards "adult" and "edgy," this seems like a huge step backwards. Teens would be too embarrassed to wear this stuff, little kids don't remember it, and adult Muppet fans typically hate the Babies. So who exactly are they targeting?

I actually like the Babies and routinely defend them, but their time is admittedly past.

Still, lots of new Muppet merchandise. I suppose we can be happy for that.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Re: New muppet Babbie Stuff

Chilly,

Teens and young adults in their 20's and 30's are wearing Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, Transformers, and G.I.Joe panajma, shorts, and shirts. The babies will probably go over well with this demographic.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: New muppet Babbie Stuff

That's encouraging to know (for the merchandise's sake, anyway). Guess it just shows how an old coot like me can be so out of touch. :smirk: :stick_out_tongue:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
No room for Baby Rowlf

I have dubious thought about this. First off, I doubt if they'll even touch Baby Rowlf. Which is a shame since Rowlf has a bigger place in Muppet history than Gonzo or Animal, and yet was pretty much shoved out of the way when turned into a baby. Second, I've seen pics of one of the new plushes, this one of Baby Piggy. It short, it looked awful. :sympathy:

Still, I'm curious to see what they plan to do..