New Muppet Babies Stuff

beaker

Reaction score
Oh Luke, Fraggle Rock is so unique and innovative...I cant even imagine it is from th eearly 80's. I watched a few episodes with my bird yesterday(she loves it!) and could just imagine th ejoy it could bring to kids an dolder folks. I mean now Fraggle Rock I will straight up wear or buy...but MB? c'mon.

How do we go from Fraggle Rock, one of th ebravest kick butt shows ever for kids...to freaking Animal Jam? yeeeps.

Hardly anyone in the 80's got to see FR because it was on premium pay cable, so I definately think they could bring it back without having to 'remake' it.

This MB revival business may go down as another not so great moment in EM.TV related JHC decisions.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm not saying kids wouldn't watch it, i mean it is quite innovative as you say, even for todays media. I just don't think an old show being distributed has quite the same impact on the pre-school industry as something that is brand new. Nowadays they like to produce the show at the same time they are working out all the marketing and merchandising so it's more a 'brand' than just a 'show'. I think it's harder to get the backing and recognition for this kind of thing because even if it is something cool and very different, the TV companies and licensee's are always going to see it as a nostalgic 'old' show and that makes a difference when it comes to promotion. They try to push new stuff much more to get it off the ground - not sure if i'd want them to remake it or not though, i don't think they could do it justice.

I wouldn't be surprised after Babies if they do try Fraggle though, makes sense to get their library out there and making money without much of an outlay. I'd hope they'd remake the puppets though and do some promotional stuff with them so that there is some profile for the show outside of the re-runs. Kids nowadays want internet sites, personal appearances, DVD sing-a-longs and themed specials - kids TV is no longer just about a TV show.

Kinda dawned on me that whenever i'm writing nowadays, my decision on whether it's worth pushing and developing an idea further is heavily weighted on how marketable it will be (Theme Parks, Action Figures, Happy Meals) and i'm often writing ideas on how to do that, before i'm even thinking about what the titles will look like or have many of the episode ideas. Times have changed over the last few years, not really for the better - so little money in TV that they'll only invest in stuff that they can make stacks more money from on a wider basis than them just getting the chance of a hit show and a bit of merchandise like in the old days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
Yeah this is a very bad move by Henson I think. As Luke said, JHC is looking to push the Muppets as being viable, hip, psuedo edgy...
so why in the world would anyone want to wear garb depicting what most consider not the brightest moment in Muppet canon history.
Now a lot of people would think wearing a Muppet anything would be silly, but I truly cannot imagine a grown person wearing naything Muppet Babies related.

Yet (as someone said) they wear My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Bright (or as I like to call them, the pretty flashing colors and no substance shows). I could see punk girls wearing faded Ripped MB stuff, just not like the pictured stuff. (I.e. Drawings based on episodes, Indiana Frog, The Babies as Punk Rockers, Star Wars, etc.)

The collectibles are what's really getting me excited. I have, as I said, the Fozzie Plush. I gave my Sister the Miss Piggy and Kermit... lost Rolf... but he's still around. But I would rather have plastic PVC's of thge characters without resorting to spending "Comic Book Guy Prices" (long story...)

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yet (as someone said) they wear My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Bright (or as I like to call them, the pretty flashing colors and no substance shows). I could see punk girls wearing faded Ripped MB stuff, just not like the pictured stuff. (I.e. Drawings based on episodes, Indiana Frog, The Babies as Punk Rockers, Star Wars, etc.)
LOL! That would be awesome: The Babies as ravers!!:smile: that give me a cool idea! They could make Muppet Babies brand Nanny-striped socks, too!:smile: That would be cool!

Skeeter Cool

Reaction score
Baby Rowlf said:
I dunno...I thought the Hasbro baby Piggy was adorable!:smile:

I recently gave all my Muppet Babies away to my friend who's a huge Muppet fan and wants to restore them. The only one I have left though is my Baby Rowlf that I got off ebay a couple of years ago..he was from England and looks like he did on the show!:smile: I'm not about to let that little one go!:smile:
Could you post a picture of your Baby Rowlf plush?