The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That guy from O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU? has covered "Rollin' in the Deep":

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you mute this video, and then listen to the 1969-93 closing theme of SS, it almost feels like a 70s-era Friday closing credit sequence:

salemfan

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed these coincidences between things that appeared in the Looney Tunes cartoons and the networks they ran on?
At one point Looney Tunes cartoons were aired on the cable network TNT, and in the cartoons themselves boxes of TNT (in this case, trinitrotoluene) have appeared.
Wile E. Coyote has also used boomerangs, and I first saw two of the episodes that show one when Cartoon Network aired the Looney Tunes after its Boomerang block back in the days when Boomerang was just a programming block rather than a separate network.
How did these coincidences occur?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Why do they call him Skeletor if he has muscles? Last time I checked, skeletons aren't muscular.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I wonder if the Dr. Seuss book "If I Ran the Zoo," helped coin the term "nerd". For those who don't know, it has a creature called a nerd in it and to my knowledge, that is one of the first uses of the word in print.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A while back, I finally figured out a mystery that had been killing me for years. A few years back on Halloween night, we took this picture of me next to costumed people dressed like strange yet familiar looking creatures. The only reason we took the picture is because we thought the costume designs were cool but there was still one mystery that was yet to be solved:Where the heck had we seen those things before? What type of media (whether it be movies, video games, cartoons, etc.) did they originate from? Why did they look so dang familiar? I showed the picture to nearly every sci-fi/fantasy geek I know to see if they knew what it was supposed to be, but nobody recognized them. But then a few weeks ago, I was browsing through various creepypasta videos and finally discovered the answer to this monstrous costume mystery that I was racking by brain over for nearly 3 years, the creatures I took pictures with were fan made costumes loosely based on The Rake creepypasta. While I don't have a digital copy of the picture to share, they look WAY too similar for this to be a coincidence. Sometimes it feels good to discover a mystery that's been driving you crazy with curiosity and deja vu for years. Curiosity killed the cat.......and it also caused me to spend hours on end watching monster videos on YouTube to help find the freaking thing.