The Old Cartoon Network Thread

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I don't want spam this thread but since this about old Cartoon Network. I'm asking if any members who has any old recordings of "blocks" (if possible) of classic cartoons from various cartoon channels including "Cartoon Network":search:, please visit this thread below and get in touch if you can help - Thanks:smile:

Thread: Wtd: W/O/C Muppet/Cartoon Recordings From Various Channels

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was thinking about the old WAC short PIZZA BOY last night, and I realize now as an adult just what a psychological portrait that short was in regards to the titular Pizza Boy: his father (who was the manager of the pizzeria) puts him under and insane amount of pressure to bring in big tips, and the only way to bring in big tips is to deliver the pizzas in fifteen minutes or less to anywhere in the world . . . including the Arctic Circle, where an eskimo family had ordered a pizza. The Pizza Boy goes through all kinds of crazy obstacles to ensure the pizza gets to the Arctic Circle fresh and in good condition to get the big tip, but when he delivers it it's been ruined, and the family decides to give him no tip: he snaps and it's implied he actually murders the family with a harpoon! He ends up in jail, where a priest tries to impart words of wisdom on him, or as he says, a "tip." This sets off the Pizza Boy once again, and it's even implied he tries to eat the priest! It's amazing how as a kid, I didn't realize just how messed up a lot of these WAC shorts were!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was thinking about the old WAC short PIZZA BOY last night, and I realize now as an adult just what a psychological portrait that short was in regards to the titular Pizza Boy: his father (who was the manager of the pizzeria) puts him under and insane amount of pressure to bring in big tips, and the only way to bring in big tips is to deliver the pizzas in fifteen minutes or less to anywhere in the world . . . including the Arctic Circle, where an eskimo family had ordered a pizza. The Pizza Boy goes through all kinds of crazy obstacles to ensure the pizza gets to the Arctic Circle fresh and in good condition to get the big tip, but when he delivers it it's been ruined, and the family decides to give him no tip: he snaps and it's implied he actually murders the family with a harpoon! He ends up in jail, where a priest tries to impart words of wisdom on him, or as he says, a "tip." This sets off the Pizza Boy once again, and it's even implied he tries to eat the priest! It's amazing how as a kid, I didn't realize just how messed up a lot of these WAC shorts were!
What the ....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Who remembers seeing these ads for Sesame Street Magazine that aired on Cartoon Network?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody on Facebook apparently found these while vacationing in Mexico:

I'll tell ya, if they had these things in America way back when, I not only would have snatched them up, but I guarantee you I'd probably be using the Courage and EEE ones in school every single day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to try to work on a video compilation for YouTube, covering what seems to be a forgotten mini-era of Cartoon Network history that lasted only months between the Checkboard Era and the Powerhouse Era in 1997 and 1998: this was when Cartoon Cartoons were a brand new thing.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Okay, can I just ask something?

Am I the only one who LOVED the City era of CN? I just really liked the idea of all the characters living together in this big city, and I wish they'd bring it back.