The Saddest thing that reminds you that you're old...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Saw another girl who went to my high school with her first born baby.

Not only that, but a kid who was a real dick to me at my local public school when we were in kindergarten, elementary and my first year of middle school just had his own child and is engaged.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Saw another girl who went to my high school with her first born baby.

Not only that, but a kid who was a real dick to me at my local public school when we were in kindergarten, elementary and my first year of middle school just had his own child and is engaged.
You'll see that a lot. At my 10 year reunion (the only one I ever attended) it seemed 80% of the people there were married and banging out kids. This was 1996. It took me to 2000 to get married. But I was in no rush. All in good time.
One classmate had a kid right after graduation, and became a grandfather at 45. Yes, I have classmates who are grandparents. But don't feel you have to be married with kids by the time you're 30. That's not a realistic expectation. My only expectation is by the time you hit 30 you learn to drive.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yup. I'm just about getting used to the fact that people I once knew in my elementary/middle/high school days are becoming parents.

Also, I agree on the driving thing. Unless you have some kind of medical condition preventing you from driving like sezuires, if you're in your 20's, you really should be driving by that point.

(This is coming from a guy who got his license at 21, but yeah).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
But don't feel you have to be married with kids by the time you're 30. That's not a realistic expectation. My only expectation is by the time you hit 30 you learn to drive.
^^^^^
YES. THIS. Not everybody has to get married and have kids. Well, maybe I'll find someone and get married, but I'm definitely not having kids. The thought of being pregnant just really freaks me out.

And since I'm 16, I really hope I'll learn how to drive soon. It's gonna be a big step in my life, but cuss if it won't be worth it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Some women also can't get pregnant because of heart conditions and whatnot.

Driving will definitely be worth it - sure, car accidents and whatnot, but you'll have much more freedom.