Special Features on the Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Everything is shot widescreen these days because widescreen televisions will become the norm a few years from now and it makes the project more valuable for retail sale. It's funny that these "full frame" transfers will eventually be the cropped ones and have black bars on the sides.

towels

Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised that this would have been produced with an eye to the future, especially since it was kind of a push for what's on NBC right now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's industry standard now. I wouldn't be surpirsed if NBC suggested shooting in widescreen. When you sink 10M into a project and shoot it in high-def video, it only figures that they would shoot wide.

scarecroe

Reaction score
It cracks me up. God and Daniel get to watch Kernit on their floating TV in widescreen, but when we dissolve into the shot to watch it for ourselves, we get the movie cropped. I guess when you've written the laws of the universe, you know where the loopholes are. I'll be off converting my LP collection into MP3s.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hmmm as for the deleted sence i remember reading an artical mentioning a sence with Pepe and Miss Bittermen and then Irus pub sence or something like that? maybe part of the EM river dance bit? I'm not sure.

heck hopeful they will show the WHOLE ending! rather then cutting to black like how it aird on the Halmark channle or cutting it right off on NBC.

I'm guess it will be in stores? I mean Jack and the Beanstalk "the real story" or whatever was in stores and that was an NBC movie...right?

Iggy35

Reaction score
Will this DVD be released in the UK too?
Sorry if this has already been mentioned in another thread but I haven't been on here for a while! :smile:
I read as much as I could tho! hehehe

IGGY35

VodalianMage

Reaction score
Hilarious!

When I saw this, it was at work during our breaks. Since I'd previously worked for Cirque du Soleil, the Cirque-esqe show had me laughing so hard I cried!! And the Moulin Scrooge?! Bwa-ha-ha!!! And Pepe always going to City Hall for permits. I don't think that our Muppet friends will disappoint at all. Joan Cusack was a fantastic Scrooge(ette). Granted I saw it in bits & pieces and only saw it once, I'm planning on rushing to pick up a copy, okay?

Pepe.... one of my new patron saints!

GonzosNoze

Reaction score
Iggy35 said:
Will this DVD be released in the UK too?
Warrick told me that the DVD will come out in England on November 24th, and (if anyone's interested) MGM told me that it'll likely come out in Germany as well around the end of 2003.
:excited: So this might also go for the rest of Europe. :excited:

Adios,
Julian

King Prawn

Reaction score
I've got a little update n the cover art on this film, I havn't got a link for it but my sister bought the DVD Agebt Cody Banks and it crought a little booklet with info on upcoming MGM films.

Anyway there was a pic about IAVMMCM and it seems as thought Gonzo's been cut out completley, Pepe's Shrunk tremendousley and Piggy looks much better aswell as Fozzie (Fozzie just slightly he doesn't look to far away)

Just thought some might be intrested. :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :rolleyes: