Mini Muppets in Scale with Regular Figures

Will you get Palisades first two PVC sets?

• I plan on buying them

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I won't purchase them

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am undecided until I see them

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken posted these pics at Palisades forum of the Mini Muppets in scale with the regular figures.

Are they bigger than you expected? Have you changed your mind and plan to get them, or have you been looking forward to these from the beginning? Let us know what you think.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=99898

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=99899

The two PVC sets are available for pre-order. Set 1 features Piggy with Towel, Gonzo with balloons and Two Snowths. Set 2 features Mahna Mahna, Thog and Sam the Eagle.

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
mini

Humm... When I looked at the first picture, the size was what I had assumed they'ed be, they're about average pvc size, but then I saw the second one with the Sams and was impressed by the size! It makes sense that the figures would be in scale with themselves but sometimes things don't work out that way. I still won't buy them, don't get me wrong I think they look great but I don't want to collect two different Muppet sizes. I'd rather save the money and spend it on the action figures, the action figures, IMO, display better. Easy to see not too big that just take up room. I understand the reasoning behind making the pvcs but for me it's all about the action figures.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Have you changed your mind and plan to get them, or have you been looking forward to these from the beginning?
While the minis are neat, I'll still be passing.

I'm a little underwhelmed. I have memories of Ken raving that these would be the best likenesses of the Muppets we'd ever seen, but they don't live up to the Action figures in my mind.

:mad: Piggy's nose is too big.
:attitude: Sam's chest looks like a golf-ball
:concern: Gonzo's head sculpt just misses the mark compared to both the action figures.

On the other hand, Thog is great, and it's nice to see Snowths & Mahna Mahna. Sam's head looks great, and it's nice to see him without his MTI outfit.

I guess I'm also turned off by the fact that you have to buy them all at once, and that you have to by both sets to get Mahna Mahna & the Snowths... Otherwise I'd buy just that one and let the other one slide by. Instead, I'll be passing on both.

I've got too many Muppets populating my desk anyways! :smile:

- Derek

Thijs

Reaction score
I will buy them if they will be available in the Netehrlands. I'm not interested in the Piggy, Sam and Gonzo, I will buy because of Thog, Mahna and the Snowths, because there is a small chance that they will be available as action figure in the future. I don't like the size either. They could have made them larger I think. I don't like Piggy. Her eyes are far to big, she looks a little like a baby now. The rest of the figs are good. Thog is the best of them all.

fozziebear900

Reaction score
Mini Muppets

Miss piggy looks like a little pig. I didn't think that thog would be that big as he is bigger that the bigger kermit. Sam also looks quite big too. i will buy both sets even though i think miss piggy could have been modeled better.
:mad: :attitude: :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm gettin' 'em!! I want Mahna-Mahna and the Snowths!! I think it'll be a cool way to get the obscurest of characters!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think they're all modeled beautifully. The size is close to the Jack in the box figures. It has also been discussed countless times that the scale had to be cheated on these for packaging and cost concerns. It's also quite logical too. In my mind, they aren't quite minis, hey are large PVCs. Something's bugging me about Gonzo's pupil size, but it will likely be corrected in the final prodcuct. This is excellent work and I hope they continue. It appears that have become spoiled by the recent flood of products and have begun taking this new Muppet product for granted.

I think these are a wise marketing decision in every sense. A couple waves of these a year will blend well. I understand the PVC crowd is an often different one than the action figure crowd. To get in figures like the snowths, they had to be packaged together in a strategic way. I have the feeling some stores might seperate the packs and mark them up. In that case, I'd see a lot of Thogs sticking around. This is a way to give the fans what they want. Great work! They've hooked me in.

Luke

Reaction score
I think they look pretty good - Sam's body is awful but i don't have a problem with Piggy at all. I'm not really massively convinced about the PVC's - they are a nice extra product to have but i don't see people going crazy over them. It's nice to have some obscure characters but then i don't think putting a few obscures in the mix is going to secure them that many sales because although it will please them, the hardcore fan base is so small. I've always thought thats a big mistake - personally i would have gone the cheap birthday present route and put out single PVC's of the main characters dressed in different themes at card shops and things. They would probably make a lot more money - unless something is really special it's rare for the mainstream market to go for a Muppet product over $10 because it becomes priced out of being an 'impulse buy' and packaging them together puts them in direct competition with their own figures which are cheaper and better. If they can get enough sales from just collectors to make doing sets like these worth it then great, i'm sure they know what they're doing. I think the christmas set will probably do ok and be in the right place at the right time for people who'll spend more for presents at Christmas, and lets not forget the Penguins !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the word awful to describe any of it. :attitude: But I see the rest of your point. I'd keep the obscure Muppets down to one per pack (2 per wave). Singular figures would be great and probably sell better two, but these aren't cheapy PVCs. They're monster huge, textured and shaded sculptures. I'd prefer that and let Palisades worry about their own bottom line. :concern: :zany:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the direction of themed sets like Muppet Christmas Carol, instead of the first two random sets. In 2004, a set of Electric Mayhem PVC's with Lips in their purple suits would be nice. Maybe a fairytale set for the Wizard of Oz or a set for Alice in Wonderland. A Superhero PVC set might be good as well using WonderPig, SuperFrog, and things like that. A Muppet Monster PVC set towards the end of the line might be a good way to get some neat sculpts into the line.