Mini Muppets in Scale with Regular Figures

Will you get Palisades first two PVC sets?

• I plan on buying them

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I won't purchase them

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am undecided until I see them

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scarecroe

Reaction score
All those sets are excellent ideas!

SuperKermit could be in a similar "flying" pose as was the SuperGrover PVC...

http://www.whatacharacter.com/g-o/g0500015.jpg
http://scarecroe.com/files/superkermit.jpg

WonderPig could be in the classic Lynda Carter pose, or maybe in a "deflecting bullet" pose...

http://www.thecharlieman.com/Wonder Woman - Color - 001.jpg
http://scarecroe.com/files/wonderpig-sm.jpg

Of course the Lew, Scooter, Fozzie, Statler and Gonzo SuperHeroes from the Lynda Carter ep would be natural selections for inclusion as well.

And I think it goes without saying that a Wizard of Oz set would be an absolute dream. Connections found all over the place including Muppet Babies (fairy tale poser book and series), Go to the Movies special, The Muppet Show, Kermit's Swamp Years and the fact that it was Jim's favorite movie. Additionally, The Muppet Movie was basically a remake of sorts.

Luke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I wouldn't use the word awful to describe any of it. :attitude:
It's just that honeycomb thing - sorry, it gets to me ! The rest of the PVC is perfect but it's just that effect - it makes me tingle inside like the super shiny Gonzo did. LOL !

If they can find a market for these that'll support sets i really like Phillip's ideas. The MCC set always attracted me a lot more and i'd certainly like to see the Mayhem Band and Superheroes. Doing those rather than doing random sets with a few obscures here and there seems like a much stronger idea to me and would make these sets more attractive to the casual buyer as well as Muppet fans.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that Gonzo's nose is now bluer or could that just be a camera effect? Compare it to the pics in the Muppets interface over at Palisades. :concern: Say it isn't so. :frown: Still looks good, but not in all his purple glory.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I really like the direction of themed sets like Muppet Christmas Carol, instead of the first two random sets. In 2004, a set of Electric Mayhem PVC's with Lips in their purple suits would be nice.
I agree 100% - I will seriosuly consider the Xmas Carol set, and would absolutely buy a Mayhem set, but I'll be passing on the 1st set of random characters...

I think the PVC's are a great way to produce themed versions of characters. A Great Muppet Caper set would be excellent!

- Derek

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Has anybody noticed that Gonzo's nose is now bluer or could that just be a camera effect? Compare it to the pics in the Muppets interface over at Palisades. :concern: Say it isn't so. :frown: Still looks good, but not in all his purple glory.
hasn't Gonzo's nose gotten bluer over the years?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually Gonzo's nose has become even more purple over the years. It was blue the first season of the Muppet Show.

Funny thing about the minis is that a couple of them are individually themed. Miss Piggy is in a towel, not a standard version, and Gonzo has his TMM balloons. Last year some people were upset that Piggy wasn't in a dress. I'd like to see more themes too.

Thijs

Reaction score
Hmm, I like the thing they are doing now. Some main characters (theme or not theme, don't care) and some obscure, like Thog and Mahna. The mains to make costumers buy the figures, the obscures for the fans. I love the obscures.

radionate

Reaction score
Personally I cannot wait to find these and play with them.

I just don't know where I'll find them. Target nor Suncoast won't be carrying these, correct? We need a retailer listing for these guys.

I love PVCs and cannot wait to hold them in my little hand. Plus there are great little display pieces for bookshelves, DVD cases, etc. The perfect thing to break up a uniform display.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm getting them! I think they'll look great in their own display.

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I think they're all modeled beautifully. The size is close to the Jack in the box figures.
Aw yes, the JB Muppet Show figure line...one of my favorite Muppet figure lines of some time...though Palisade's line isnt too shabby:wink: I wish these were individual, as I just want Thog and Mahna Mahna/Snowths...but heck yeah for Palisades making the obscure characters. Here's something...

Im betting we might see Uncle Deadly or some other obscure fan fave in this style before too long.