Jim's Favourite Food

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats great news, you must be a pretty lucky person for them to reply that quickly. Did you get any autographed photos or anything like that?

I should definately write to the henson company, I would love an autograph or anything, even a letter back from them and I know many people have got them.

Did you send some stamps with the envelope? so they could send one back?

from,
Paul :smile:

Gerard

Reaction score
Yahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did send an e-mail yesterday, and got a reply :smile: ! Jim Henson's favourite food was asparagus blankets :stick_out_tongue: ! Take a slice of white bread and lightly toast it. Butter one side. Wrap buttered side around one cooked asparagus. Then, some melt butter in a frying pan. When butter is melted, place toast wrapped asparagus in frying pan and lightly saute it (or them - you can do more then one at a time), turn a bit as you saute until you are satisfied with the color. Serve. Voila! Asparagus Blankets.

Thankyou so much Henson Company!

P.S: I got Frank's signature on the letter, and didn't enclose a self addressed envelope or anything, Paul.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, cool huh?

Muppet Central should put that on the FAQ!!!

Bea:cry:regard

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is great, I will definately send some emails and letters to the Henson company now.
That asparagus blanket recipe sounds great, lol. its making me hungry!

:smile: :excited:

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Mmm...Asparagoose. That looks like a wonderful recipe!
I'm just surfing around the board finding all this neat topics.
Actually I never thought what Henson's favorite food was, so that's cool.

I still want to write, I'd like to get a photo of some of my fave Muppets, that would be awesome. I never thought to write to them before, always thought that they were too busy.
:cool:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Gerard said:
Take a slice of white bread and lightly toast it. Butter one side. Wrap buttered side around one cooked asparagus. Then, some melt butter in a frying pan. When butter is melted, place toast wrapped asparagus in frying pan and lightly saute it (or them - you can do more then one at a time), turn a bit as you saute until you are satisfied with the color. Serve. Voila! Asparagus Blankets.
Well, this explains the singing food.

puppet builder

Reaction score
Have FUN (and think like Jim) instead of worrying about the exact favorite food...

Gerard said:
Can anybody confirm that he was a vegetarian? :confused:

Does anybody know his favourite food? Maybe he didn't eat... :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Gerard!

The mere fact that you intend to dress as Jim and answer questions at school speaks volumes about his contributions to the world.

His exact favorite food though interesting, isn't necessarily the point of the project. I think your teacher is trying to get you to think in terms like the person you admire.

Jim was a master at having fun and bringing (that) best part out of those he worked with. It's probably safe to say he wouldn't be offended if you got the exact food wrong (if your intentions) are good and you try to think like him by having fun with this!

Perhaps something as simple as cookies, or complicated as dressing up and preparing something as the Swedish Chef!

Think like Jim... and have fun. Others will too.

Good Luck! And please let me know what you end up doing!

Convincing John

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Well, this explains the singing food.

It might also explain Gonzo's "asparagus eggs" in the Paul Simon episode of TMS! :concern:

It's so cool that we have this forum to learn all these interesting little tid-bits of Muppeteer info! The books about Jim Henson and his work are usually pretty in depth (except the ones for younger readers) and have lots of cool stories, ideas, sketches and sometimes rare photos.

But as a Muppet fan, I can never get enough of the "little known facts"! I'm sure that there are dozens of stories and facts that the Henson family and the Muppeteers could share in future publications. And we, the Muppet fans, would just eat it all up. I'm so glad that books like "The Works", "The Wisdom of Big Bird" and "Designs and Doodles" are available.

We ALL know "Jim Henson created Kermit the Frog"-type facts, (which is all fine and good) but when we read something we didn't know about Jim before, (like his favorite food) it's a real treat! It gives me a mental picture of Jim munching on one of these breaded asparagus things while doodling a picture of a new Muppet idea in the New York Workshop.

To me, reading about Henson-related trivia like this is always a treat! I always love learning something new about Jim Henson!

Convincing John

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I've heard his favorite dessert was blueberry pie.

At Muppetvision every year on the anniversary of his death they put blueberry pie out, and it ALWAYS dissapears. Some people think it could be the ghost of Jim eating it(but that could be the 3rd shift workers too....).

Jeremy