Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I still like my thinking why should we care, in fact we should be thankful of the Sesame Workshop leak because, we got rare stuff.
I wholeheartedly agree, but other people are still allowed to say what they wish SW can do when it comes to releasing classic material, as long as they're polite about it and not demanding.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh my.... Feminists' heads are exploding all over the world right now.
And, I know it was a different time and all, but yeah the fact that Susan was played as a relatively naive housewife in the first season doesn't help.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Oh my.... Feminists' heads are exploding all over the world right now.
Of course it's much worse nowadays, but even back then when the first season was on the air, there was some apparent criticism of Sesame Street's gender and racial stereotyping, which I believe is documented in the 1971 book "All About Sesame Street". That lead to Susan, for example, getting a job as a doctor sometime during the transition from the first to the second season, to break away from the perfect housewife mold.

Complimenting the song about Mothers, there was also one about Brothers and Sisters, which was featured around the same time on the LP "Susan Sings Songs from Sesame Street," which also has some gender stereotypes. They're not quite as cringe worthy, but even when they are, the blow is softened with the final lines, "Still I like my brother fine, and I'm glad my sister's mine".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Look closely. It's really annoying.
Okay I've looked at some fairly recent uploads of clips from the 1970s and 1980s, and have noticed a bit of fuzziness in movement. I've noticed it the most in their most recently-uploaded classic clip ("Bert wants to play a game"), with a little fuzziness at parts of the screen where movement occurs. Actually, in the parts of the screen where there's not really any movement, the quality does still look great to me.

gravy

Reaction score
Okay I've looked at some fairly recent uploads of clips from the 1970s and 1980s, and have noticed a bit of fuzziness in movement. I've noticed it the most in their most recently-uploaded classic clip ("Bert wants to play a game"), with a little fuzziness at parts of the screen where movement occurs. Actually, in the parts of the screen where there's not really any movement, the quality does still look great to me.
Oh, yeah, the quality is really great. The interlacing is just what ruins it all. To me, I've seen it ever since they've removed the ''.org'' from their logo

cjd874

Reaction score
So, has anybody else checked Muppet Wiki's "List of Sesame Street episodes" section lately? A lot of incomplete episode guides are being created, with information coming from "a trusted source." I mean, there is A LOT of street scene and insert/sketch info. All the Season 13 episodes have been compiled in some way, and nearly half of Season 10 as well.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Sesame_Street_episodes

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So, has anybody else checked Muppet Wiki's "List of Sesame Street episodes" section lately? A lot of incomplete episode guides are being created, with information coming from "a trusted source." I mean, there is A LOT of street scene and insert/sketch info. All the Season 13 episodes have been compiled in some way, and nearly half of Season 10 as well.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Sesame_Street_episodes
I check that every day as a matter of fact.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's cool seeing more episodes that I personally would never had thought we'd ever see get episode guide pages, but it's also kind of sad knowing the fact that (unless we get SUPER lucky) half those pages will forever say "Image not available" on a lot of those street scenes. :smirk:

Schfifty

Reaction score
It's cool seeing more episodes that I personally would never had thought we'd ever see get episode guide pages, but it's also kind of sad knowing the fact that (unless we get SUPER lucky) half those pages will forever say "Image not available" on a lot of those street scenes. :smirk:
Well, even if a lot of those pages will lack their street scene pics for potentially a long while, at least it's now known what's in these episodes. Sometimes detailed descriptions are better than nuthin'.