Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So, has anybody else checked Muppet Wiki's "List of Sesame Street episodes" section lately? A lot of incomplete episode guides are being created, with information coming from "a trusted source." I mean, there is A LOT of street scene and insert/sketch info. All the Season 13 episodes have been compiled in some way, and nearly half of Season 10 as well.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Sesame_Street_episodes
Not to mention ALL of Season 20 and beyond! I'm excited to see what other pre Season 20 episodes will be guided soon.

I check that every day as a matter of fact.
Same.
It's cool seeing more episodes that I personally would never had thought we'd ever see get episode guide pages, but it's also kind of sad knowing the fact that (unless we get SUPER lucky) half those pages will forever say "Image not available" on a lot of those street scenes. :smirk:
Well, even if a lot of those pages will lack their street scene pics for potentially a long while, at least it's now known what's in these episodes. Sometimes detailed descriptions are better than nuthin'.
You both took the words right out of my mouth. Every time I come across an insert with "Image not available" I find myself sighing and/or rolling my eyes and thinking to myself "SW, PLEASE get this out of the vault!" (especially if it's a Muppet or cast insert...not to mention any Season 10 insert filmed on location in NYC), but I know it won't do me any good. (Can anybody else relate?) I'm especially delighted about 3277 having a guide, because ever since my youngest sis taped over my copy (which I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it was the only copy known to exist outside of SW's archive), I'd been worried that it wouldn't ever have a guide on the Wiki...so this is a fantastic start!

But I will say for now that this year would be THE time for SW to pull out the big guns and have a field day (well a lot of them, actually) with the archives and bring out as many rare clips as possible! Fingers crossed!

Schfifty

Reaction score
But I will say for now that this year would be THE time for SW to pull out the big guns and have a field day (well a lot of them, actually) with the archives and bring out as many rare clips as possible! Fingers crossed!
Hopefully! They could be nice enough and unleash some that haven't been seen in total eons. Maybe even re-release an old home video title for the first time since the days of VHS.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Also I now know that Jerry Nelson wasn’t on Sesame Street episode 2725 that Stephanie joked about during his tribute.

Any Del

Reaction score
Guys, I am positive that there's an 85% chance that SW would release rare content this year! Oh I'm getting excited just talking about it! :excited:

I wonder if they would release more season 32-33 episodes on their channel or whatever have you.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Looking at the season 13 roster, I was surprised how much David was used throughout. In comparison, Mr Hooper only seems to appear sporadically, with a lot of older inserts used in other shows. Looking forward to the season 14 info to find out how many episodes Will Lee appeared in prior to his unexpected passing

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think they were trying to bring back David after his arrest but, if anyone has read Street Gang, it just gets worse and worse.

hooperfan

Reaction score
I think they were trying to bring back David after his arrest but, if anyone has read Street Gang, it just gets worse and worse.
He was still pretty spry, at least through season 15. Season 16 onward showed him looking and acting progressively worse