Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's true. I can see why certain older home video releases may have had to be changed somewhat in more recent years, because of aging and such, but even so, as a kid in the 90s, seeing older inserts with younger Maria didn't seem at all disorienting to me . . . but, it might have for more contemporary kids.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I should go over there and check, because it's been a long time since last going on.

zns

Reaction score
This is great. Hopefully they'll show up on YouTube sometime. Fingers crossed.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am quite amazed that some screenshots from clips not available on YouTube or any video sharing site are being released. They include still images from the segment where Buffy and Mr. MacIntosh have a song and dance about the letter K (and doesn't the lowercase k look reminiscent of the screen text font used on The Electric Company?), as well as "The Bee Bee and Barker families" and maybe other segments that I do not know about.

There is even still images from street scenes used in some episodes from Seasons 10 through 13 that are released. I was even amazed when I discovered still images from an early street scene in a late-January 1982 show (the episode titled "Pretend Penguins"), and it was when Mercedes was stranded in New York City due to a flight being cancelled on the previous Friday's episode.

If any videos of skits get uploaded, it will likely be by other users, but may end up lasting a short time, unless it is uploaded by the show's official YouTube channel.

Last edited: