Jim Henson props

radionate

Reaction score
I know that the JHC made a Muppet Christmas Tree back in the 80's for a charity auction. I remember seeing it on Good Morning America, and wanting it so bad. It was amazing. Just picture a talking Muppet Christmas Tree!

I often wonder who won the auction and where it is today.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guy

John Hurt has one of the red devials from The Storyteller in his house. It is attached the top corner of the wall in one of his rooms. it looks great too.

see ya

beaker20

Reaction score
That is quite a list of Muppet props. It's nice to see a list of some of the Muppet stuff that is out there. I am looking forward to seeing another list of additonal props.

thanks

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Some info

I called Henson Productions in the mid 90's looking for places to buy Muppets, the ones like on the Muppet show.
I was told that they hang onto everything muppet related. Saw something from a book I think of huge metal filing cabinets, labled on one drawer was eyes, and another one that said Gonzo.

Althought I think there is some misconseption on her part because I recall as a child on a road trip "early 80's" a small mom and pop restuerant we ate at, they had the whole electric mayhem band with insturmants and prop roped of in the back.

I would love to hear if anyone else has seen this.... I know it was not a dream, I remember seeing it... darn I wish I was older so I could have had more memory of detail !

Erine81981

Reaction score
So what do ya'll normelly write when wanting to find these things on EBay? Like Piggy puppet head. (Example)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
So what do ya'll normelly write when wanting to find these things on EBay? Like Piggy puppet head. (Example)
Well, just do a search for "muppets" in the movie memorabilia section or something like that, its easy to find what you are looking for. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Jrogers75 said:
This maybe of the topic but I did find an orginal screener in 35mm film of Muppets Take Manhatten http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3346156090&category=32992

Check it out...... Its weird :concern:
Wow, that would be great. Boy they have some great and unusual stuff on ebay! All you need now is equipment to play it. I have seen a few times an actual film print for the muppet movie it was a big 35mm roll and I think they also bought out an 8mm version for people who have super 8 projectors. :smile: The DVD is a little easier! :stick_out_tongue:

xoxpussycatxox

Reaction score
Labyrinth props

It is soooooo difficult to find props. There used to be Fandom Auctions that was amazing. thats where Jareths mask was auctioned off, and a goblins helmet and Jareths gauntlets. The annoying thing is, I ended up buying the helmet and 1 gauntlet off the guy for more than he payed. He sold the gauntlets off seperately which is terrible, but I had to buy them because it is so rare to come across props, so Im lucky in some respects. I have a Sir Didymus toy, the original colour test sheets for the 1st Comic book, erm, the video,DVD, LP,CD, German Lobby cards, European original poster, photo's, signed Goblins of Labyrinth by Brian Froud, Japanese flyers and Cinema Programme, replica of Jareths Pendant, I made a replica of the ballgown with the wig etc and Ive made Sarah and Jareth Ballroom scene dolls which are in their own display case. I think thats everything. But as props go, if you find any, buy em, don't ponder, just buy, cos its so hard to find anything. Make sure they have a COA with them to. Im forever keeping my eye out but to no avail. Be careful of that Hoggle's Prop Head that's floating around Ebay. Obvious fake!